British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

A 52 2/6 (would and has George V1) on the obverse).

Quite a novelty though.

I suppose using a 1951 halfcrown with a 2 from 1942 would be a bit of a giveaway unless the forger could disguise silver as cupro-nickel :D

Have you seen This one I like the fact that he is charging £2.50 postage

The curse of "Free Insertion weekend" strikes again.

Up to 100 items, starting price above 99p and no insertion fees. Seven days later and there's acres of tatty overpriced crap to wade through, just in case someone's offering a real coin by mistake.

A 52 2/6 (would and has George V1) on the obverse).

Quite a novelty though.

I suppose using a 1951 halfcrown with a 2 from 1942 would be a bit of a giveaway unless the forger could disguise silver as cupro-nickel :D

Carefully crafted perhaps, but he could have at leact carefully selected the correct monarch

Be interesting to see where this ends up, someone is going to end up paying well over 3 figures for 2 George V coins, neither of which he (or she) has had sight of a photo or any information about the obverse (presumably!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150812654778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1413

Polished to buggery and a private listing (AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THEY GET SHILLED UPON) to boot! Maximus Scrotumus Cranius will undoubtedly outbid I LIKUS THE SHINUS in the final seconds.

Be interesting to see where this ends up, someone is going to end up paying well over 3 figures for 2 George V coins, neither of which he (or she) has had sight of a photo or any information about the obverse (presumably!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150812654778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1413

Polished to buggery and a private listing (AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THEY GET SHILLED UPON) to boot! Maximus Scrotumus Cranius will undoubtedly outbid I LIKUS THE SHINUS in the final seconds.

Shame about the polishing - those are two high grade lovelies.. or would have been.

The littlr pecker is back!! here

Only £300 this time (up from £109) incredible :unsure: And I notice the other side isn't shown again..

Sorry - yes the other side is....if you can make it out.

Only £300 this time (up from £109) incredible :unsure: And I notice the other side isn't shown again..

What? I thought that was massive!

I've only just realised it's being hung from the gallows! Female engraver then! ;)

If this sells for £300 I swear I will dig out my old engraver!

What? I thought that was massive!

I've only just realised it's being hung from the gallows! Female engraver then! ;)

If this sells for £300 I swear I will dig out my old engraver!

Buy it for £109, wait a month (probably shipping time etc) and try to sell it on the same site for £300?

If anybody pays it it's them as should be strung up by the nads!

"...given in change in a london nightclub in 1950. nearly causing a riot at the time, prior to 1950

I know nothing about it."

link

"...given in change in a london nightclub in 1950. nearly causing a riot at the time, prior to 1950

link

I've offered him 3p for scrap value :)

link

the amount of these that turn up on ebay, there must be around 10,000 unknown examples?? ;) ;)

link

the amount of these that turn up on ebay, there must be around 10,000 unknown examples?? ;) ;)

It sold for 590 quid :blink:

link

Interesting fake. If you zoom your display, you can see that the second 3 is too close to the first, and has also got a slight clockwise tilt. But it's certainly not immediately obvious.

The last real one sold for £80k 3 years ago.

Takes all sorts.

I don't know what this guy is on but can I have some.

Postage, HOW MUCH!!!!

Edited by Gary D

link

Interesting fake. If you zoom your display, you can see that the second 3 is too close to the first, and has also got a slight clockwise tilt. But it's certainly not immediately obvious.

£590! I still prefer mine :)

Penny1933%20F209%205%20+%20C%20REV%20500x500.jpg

I don't know what this guy is on but can I have some.

Postage, HOW MUCH!!!!

You've been trawling 1911's for a Gouby X, haven't you? :D

:D

I don't know if this is a trend but I have noticed lately there are a few stupid p&p from the States. I wonder if there is a move to put off overseas buyers.

link

Note from CCGB 2512 edition: "It was initially thought that only 7 or 8 1933 pennies were minted, but more were found and sold in the early 21st Century, so the current estimate is that around 795 were minted. Be aware that the position and quality of the final 3 is variable - this is normal for this strike. Don't spend more than €3,000,000,000 on a VF example."

link

Note from CCGB 2512 edition: "It was initially thought that only 7 or 8 1933 pennies were minted, but more were found and sold in the early 21st Century, so the current estimate is that around 795 were minted. Be aware that the position and quality of the final 3 is variable - this is normal for this strike. Don't spend more than €3,000,000,000 on a VF example."

Erratum included in later copies of CCGB 2512: We apologise for an error in early editions of this 3D holographic guide. Following discovery of the 'Shanghai hoard' containing 788 pennies dated 1933, the valuation for a coin in VF condition should read "€3,000,000,000 or 15 Drachmas".

link

Erratum included in later copies of CCGB 2512: We apologise for an error in early editions of this 3D holographic guide. Following discovery of the 'Shanghai hoard' containing 788 pennies dated 1933, the valuation for a coin in VF condition should read "€3,000,000,000 or 15 Drachmas".

My great Uncle Bulgaria got one in change in a London nightclub during the 50's caused a bit of a stir...he apparently spent it at Liverpool Street station....and wrote "here I sit broken hearted,paid a penny and only f*****"

Ooooo.......an engraved 1933 penny? :D