British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Oh and have you seen this one.....!!!!!!?

:P

Please please tell me you're going to buy it! I think you'll finally be able to justify your coin collecting to your girlfriends! Definitely a talking 'piece' to keep in your purse! :-)

Maybe the engraver had just got married :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it's erect?

But it's erect?

Its on the point of drooping, perhaps he was at the alter then.....:ph34r:

But it's erect?

Its on the point of drooping, perhaps he was at the alter then.....:ph34r:

It's definitely been altered :D

What about this for a response, after asking for an emailed photo of the reverse (usual 1 picture listing)!

"hi, sorry i do not have another picture but i can send a link to a picture of the same half sovereign sorry for the inconvenience hope this helps and good luck http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=edward+vii+1907+half+sovereign&start=108&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=679&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=0zpAAFnilBpfwM:&imgrefurl=http://www.coindatabase.com/coin_detail_libras.php%3Fcdb%3DL230021&docid=ToWdfhz_x98J2M&imgurl=http://www.coindatabase.com/pic/w250/img/591pix_BritishCoins/1S_E7_rev_1907.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=iMuGT7WFLYiu0QW415CpBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=699&vpy=218&dur=1414&hovh=200&hovw=200&tx=129&ty=103&sig=117024365258692941076&page=6&tbnh=152&tbnw=152&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:108,i:88

I suspect that the obverse picture is poached too, so check that point out if you are the one bidding on this 0% feedback eBayer! Item is: 180858576416 (1907 half sov.)

+ve feedback left... 'it arrived safely'!

What about this for a response, after asking for an emailed photo of the reverse (usual 1 picture listing)!

"hi, sorry i do not have another picture but i can send a link to a picture of the same half sovereign sorry for the inconvenience hope this helps and good luck http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=edward+vii+1907+half+sovereign&start=108&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=679&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=0zpAAFnilBpfwM:&imgrefurl=http://www.coindatabase.com/coin_detail_libras.php%3Fcdb%3DL230021&docid=ToWdfhz_x98J2M&imgurl=http://www.coindatabase.com/pic/w250/img/591pix_BritishCoins/1S_E7_rev_1907.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=iMuGT7WFLYiu0QW415CpBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=699&vpy=218&dur=1414&hovh=200&hovw=200&tx=129&ty=103&sig=117024365258692941076&page=6&tbnh=152&tbnw=152&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:108,i:88

I suspect that the obverse picture is poached too, so check that point out if you are the one bidding on this 0% feedback eBayer! Item is: 180858576416 (1907 half sov.)

+ve feedback left... 'it arrived safely'!

Hey, well done, you! Definitely a case of 'he who dares wins!'

Do you know what, I'm generally pretty chancy on eBay...for every 10 bold strikes, I might get two mess-ups, but the other eight have always more than compensated!

Congratulations, again, I bet you enjoyed posting this one! :-)

Please please tell me you're going to buy it! I think you'll finally be able to justify your coin collecting to your girlfriends! Definitely a talking 'piece' to keep in your purse

I've asked to see the other side. A nice looking face is just as important as a good tail! ;)

Please please tell me you're going to buy it! I think you'll finally be able to justify your coin collecting to your girlfriends! Definitely a talking 'piece' to keep in your purse

I've asked to see the other side. A nice looking face is just as important as a good tail! ;)

Just make sure you buy it with beer goggles on if the other side is a shocker! Excellent! :-)

I take it the 'other side' was stunning, how the smeg did it go for £109?? Did you buy it Debbie?!!

No it wasn't and no I didn't!! :P

A love token too! :-) I've picked up on the MP thing along the way, was there a thread on it? I'm intrigued as to the details! ;-)

There are a lot of threads on shill bidding.If you search the forum with "shill bidding" you get 32 threads :o

Several of the scumbagS who are involved I vow I will never buy from.

A love token too! :-) I've picked up on the MP thing along the way, was there a thread on it? I'm intrigued as to the details! ;-)

Its quite a touchy subject, but in short, don't buy from him unless you really want to loosen the purse strings and get something thats cleaned/overgraded and has a helpful push along the way from his friends.......

I take it the 'other side' was stunning, how the smeg did it go for £109?? Did you buy it Debbie?!!

I don't know how some people bid, but, I note it "shot off" in the final seconds.....

Its quite a touchy subject, but in short, don't buy from him unless you really want to loosen the purse strings and get something thats cleaned/overgraded and has a helpful push along the way from his friends.......

I get you! I did think as much!

I don't know how some people bid, but, I note it "shot off" in the final seconds.....

Unbelievable! If you didn't win it Debbie, don't worry! Seeing what is went for, I've dug out my old hobby engraver! Just need a mirror now!

That's staggering, I really can't believe the price!

Anyone that might be tempted by this Charles I shilling .. don't be. It's a modern copy worth pennies. ebay #280856765585

I don't know what's happened to the forgerynetwork site, it seems to be down. Otherwise I'd have linked to the similar items there.

how thick are some people, the casting bubbles on the obverse are as clear as a pint of stella.

how thick are some people, the casting bubbles on the obverse are as clear as a pint of stella.

As is the large incuse "R" to the left of the shield, I wonder what R stands for?

smile.gif

David

Anyone that might be tempted by this Charles I shilling .. don't be. It's a modern copy worth pennies. ebay #280856765585

I don't know what's happened to the forgerynetwork site, it seems to be down. Otherwise I'd have linked to the similar items there.

They are indeed. But people are buying these things. And at some stage they will no doubt want to sell them and quite likely will be V Disappointed. And while I slightly sympathise with the old caveat emptor, a rip off is a rip off. And a particularly annoying one given that ebay, while clapping on about replicas, counterfeits and certification, have consistently done precisely nothing about such listings. Even when told.

They are indeed. But people are buying these things. And at some stage they will no doubt want to sell them and quite likely will be V Disappointed. And while I slightly sympathise with the old caveat emptor, a rip off is a rip off. And a particularly annoying one given that ebay, while clapping on about replicas, counterfeits and certification, have consistently done precisely nothing about such listings. Even when told.

Its been relisted here 280860774001 and now states its a replica