British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Methinks thy link has gone astray! :rolleyes:

lol i can get one like that for about £2... and still wont lol

The sellers name made me laugh.

Edited by PINMAN

I think part of the address says it all! :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1679- Charles-II-Fart ...1QQcmdZViewItem

With my current work demand and the worry of future income I'm considering online trading for coins. How ever the crud I'm now seeing makes me realise my stuff up the attic may yield a few bob.....A worrying time before @

Somebody in this forum prepares a book about grading. Unfortunately I've forgotten who it is. But nobody needs this book. Just trust the ebay sellers!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1848-7-OTPenny-About...A1%7C240%3A1318

Stechlin

"This coin is slightly better than the pictures but it was hard to get the detail with the camera that ive got. No, honestly, the picture tells me everything I need to know! Coins like this go for over £100 on ebay what, 'like this' as in round and made of metal? so grab a bargin! With all my lots you will get exactly what you see in picture, no more Indeed! no less! " :lol:

5 bidders :o

yea but only £2.20, cant even properly see the date...

"This coin is slightly better than the pictures but it was hard to get the detail with the camera that ive got"

Have they not considered that might be because there isn't any?

Edited by Chingford

Nice lustre on the index finger though shame about the carbon spot, or is it a mole?

On a more serious note, I'm amazed the vendor was able to establish the monarch let alone the overstrike on the date!

With my current work demand and the worry of future income I'm considering online trading for coins. How ever the crud I'm now seeing makes me realise my stuff up the attic may yield a few bob.....A worrying time before @

Nice idea Peter, but if you use the eBay route you have to remember that only crap sells for way over it's reasonable value. On the whole, if you put something decent on then buyers assume there is a catch and so bid low. It's psychology - everyone wants a bargain either by bidding low on the good stuff, or hoping that the washer portrayed in the listing will turn out better in the flesh and so justify the OTT price paid.

Somebody in this forum prepares a book about grading. Unfortunately I've forgotten who it is. But nobody needs this book. Just trust the ebay sellers!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1848-7-OTPenny-About...A1%7C240%3A1318

Stechlin

After attempting to correct the seller on their amazing grading skills they were kind enough to reply with this:

"why dont you get a life and concentrate on your own auction"

I was obviously wrong in pointing out that the coin was not Unc as it obviously is and I would concentrate on my own auction, if I had one... :rolleyes:

The joys of eBay!! :P

hi all just let you no that i will be soon getting rid of my 7000 coins. i have made a website tell you how much british coin are worth today prices .this website is free and only 3 weeks old.and soon i will be putting up new website selling my coins on it . thank to every one who look at my post from mr woods here is my british coin price guide website Visit My Website

hi all just let you no that i will be soon getting rid of my 7000 coins. i have made a website tell you how much british coin are worth today prices .this website is free and only 3 weeks old.and soon i will be putting up new website selling my coins on it . thank to every one who look at my post from mr woods here is my british coin price guide website

hi i dont no why that link did not work ill http://british-coins.hobby-site.com/

post-4554-1235011439_thumb.jpg

You're link doesn't seem to be working Bob?
its working now thanks hussulo for letting me now .bye very nice website you have.

What a relief that no-one capable of spending £12k on a coin would be stupid enough to buy what is now nothing more than a piece of earth which used to be a brass threepence!

wth, cant see the date, thats just funny

Right, so I saw this on eBay today and was intrigued: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I decided to ask as to how the seller came to the conclusion that it was, indeed, 'magical'. I was most surprised by the reply.

"believed to be dug up in the garden of paul daniels!"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, still think it's a Henry VIII Halfgroat rather than an Edward VI Penny...

If it sells he can spend some of the cash generated on literacy classes. Why are so many people in this country incapable of spelling words, or communicating in general in their own language? :(