British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Don't these Italians think of anything else!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEX-PENCE-1921_W0QQi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure whether he's trying to say 'sixpence' or 'sex pest'. The translation seems to come from Babel Fish as well.

Be sure to bid on this absolute (very RARE) bargain,and make certain that you bid a significant amount,so that no other bugger outbids you :rolleyes: .

Or,you could always go with the very cheap "Buy it now"option,just to be safe :lol:

Link

Good job you did....obviously a forgery,at such a low starting price :lol:;)

:D Obviously!! :lol:

Oh, how eBay amuses me...

"The Standard Guide to Grading British Coins" from Rotographic should put a stop to all that!

A little something for those of you who might want to add a touch of colour to your collection...

A "Spectacular" Penny?

A little something for those of you who might want to add a touch of colour to your collection...

A "Spectacular" Penny?

I believe a lot of US collectors will pay 'Top dollar' for rainbow and otherwise toned coins. I remember a while back, a Churchill Crown with rainbow toning making $500 in a Goldberg (I think) auction. It was then offered for sale in an ebay shop in the US. for about $3000.

A "Spectacular" Penny?

I believe a lot of US collectors will pay 'Top dollar' for rainbow and otherwise toned coins. I remember a while back, a Churchill Crown with rainbow toning making $500 in a Goldberg (I think) auction. It was then offered for sale in an ebay shop in the US. for about $3000.

I think the Curchill crown sold on teletrade for about $500+ and is STILL being listed on ebay for about $3000

Is it only me that thinks this is the work of a modern 'coin carver' - quite a hobby, especially over the pond? B)

He means the Queen on a po, ebay 170214077683.

Actually I recently purchased a penny where George V is smoking a cigar and wearing a straw hat. I'll post pictures in here somewhere. I like things like that.

Did you read the winners feedback? It appears he may not pay for the item...he has a history of not paying until he is given positive feedback...WOW!

The price is way too high for the coin being sold...IMHO!

Bob C.

I cannot contemplate such lowlife....How do these people ever get on in life?....

Rant over..... :angry:

I cannot contemplate such lowlife....How do these people ever get on in life?....

Rant over..... :angry:

I must admit, when ebay announced that they would not let sellers leave negative feedback for buyers, I thought 'About time!' - I had not taken into account the existence of such ......... I have never seen such appalling feedback - a direct result of ebay's new policy. :(:angry: