British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Well I'm glad you haven't mocked any of my ebay items yet!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...86108&rd=1&rd=1

I bought 40 Scottish 1959 1/-'s a few years back for less than 50p each.

In some old coin monthlies ( from the 70's) they were advertised as key dates and selling for several £'s each...as were 1960 crowns....maybe an investment.

Or were the million or so 1959's taken from circulation and now exist in top drawers all over the country.

take into account high inflation and increased scarcity nowadays plus extra age.....?

I think the Yo* might be so that it's easy to tell the listings that are from this seller.

Veo lo que me dices, seguro que "yo" el es espanyol para "I", pero esque los precios son locos!!!!!!

And it' still not an uncirculated coin no matter what you say... que tonterias!!

Looks alright to me AU58 seems well graded enough and the 'A' is for 'About'. Why do you think that is isn't uncirculated?

I don't know where to begin on this one auction

His introduction says the ENRB upholds standards of integrity and honesty in numismatics. No mention of artificial toning in the description though. That's a bit dishonest given that no coin could naturally tone to this degree in less than 10 years. Why do Americans like this sort of thing? How can so many people be so stupid? If prices get any higher for chemically treated lumps of metal, it will soon be cheaper to buy a Jackson Pollock.

Presumably the above statement should read holds up standards as any standard would be higher.

I don't know where to begin on this one auction

His introduction says the ENRB upholds standards of integrity and honesty in numismatics. No mention of artificial toning in the description though. That's a bit dishonest given that no coin could naturally tone to this degree in less than 10 years. Why do Americans like this sort of thing? How can so many people be so stupid? If prices get any higher for chemically treated lumps of metal, it will soon be cheaper to buy a Jackson Pollock.

Presumably the above statement should read holds up standards as any standard would be higher.

What amazes me is how can the grading company not make reference to the fact that this is artificial toning.

What amazes me is how can the grading company not make reference to the fact that this is artificial toning.

When the first grading company did, I'm not sure why PCGS one of the more respectable grading companies even grdaded it.

2a0hpv7.jpg

Edited by Rob

What was the first and more honest grading company?They didn't go the whole way and say it was AT so sat on the fence, but at least raised questions.

Edited by Hussulo

Looks like he's looking for relatives called Won Born Every Minute! B)

He or Ebay have pulled his other items. :ph34r:

Wow a frosted proof 1687 JAMES II CROWN :D . I feel sorry for the winner. I know it's been said a hundred times before but always buy and read books before buying coins for "investment".

I also don't like the fact that the seller says "I WILL BE ADDING SEVERAL MORE OLD COINS AND NOTES FROM AUSTRALIA AND WORLDWIDE." He is implying hat this coin is OLD!!!

"MS70" £2 at $1095. Any takers? Guess not.

How about this "MS69" £2? That's only $89!

Better put on some sunglasses before viewing this. Another example of the obsession some American collectors have with colourful coins -- many of which had help in getting that way.

A Colourful Penny

Better put on some sunglasses before viewing this. Another example of the obsession some American collectors have with colourful coins -- many of which had help in getting that way.

A Colourful Penny

And it's only the common variety of the two 1937 proofs

A Colourful Penny

And it's only the common variety of the two 1937 proofs

I am going to have to start spray painting some farthings!!! ;)

I love how this AT garbage gets tombed in plarstic and sold for egregious sums of cash. I think I am going to have to get my pennies out and start putting them up in the broiler for awhile.

At least it didn't sell, but the bidders in their mis-informed state will just bid again on something similarly AT'ed.