British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I particularly like this one...

Charles shilling WoooEEE!

And I quote..

Please note that any scans/photos on this listing are of the actual item for sale, not a library photo.

Next is an E, next is an E......

Am I missing something here? I can find no fault with that listing. I have seen a Charles II half crown dug that was hardly recogniseable, almost diamond shape with rounded edges, but judged to be genuine. Many hammered coins leave the ground completely unrecognisable.

Another ebay virgin, virgin on the ridiculous that is. :lol:

ebay

That really is a dodo. It could be anything in that picture, even plastic.

I have been tucked up on eBay a couple of times, once on a motor caravan a punter in Oxford agreed to "buy it now" for £2000 and had no intention of buying. Said it was a mistake, but you have to click two buttons, very hard to do by mistake. A mobile phone I listed was for UK buyers only and again "buy it now" was pressed by a goon in India and ebay allowed it through. The listing is then completed and you lose your listing fee.

Charles shilling WoooEEE!

And I quote..

Please note that any scans/photos on this listing are of the actual item for sale, not a library photo.

Next is an E, next is an E......

Am I missing something here? I can find no fault with that listing. I have seen a Charles II half crown dug that was hardly recogniseable, almost diamond shape with rounded edges, but judged to be genuine. Many hammered coins leave the ground completely unrecognisable.

Yes you are. When it was first posted on eBay, all his pictures were in iridescent green with virtually no detail. He probably read the thread on this forum and replaced them with good pictures.

Am I missing something here? I can find no fault with that listing.

That's because he has rescanned and updated his photos, the originals were a bit like this......

wheeeee.jpg

Well yes, if a coin like that were 1907 years old it would be very rare indeed, especially in that condition!! :D

Edited by TomGoodheart

Guest Guest

Looks like the Type B 7 close to 0. I still have that gap in my collection. Pity the picture wasn't a bit clearer. Could be quite valuable.

Another quality example of grading. 1843 penny It would somewhat more useful to quote firstly the correct value in Spink which is £1100 for the no colon variety instead of the with colon price and secondly the VF price of the coin £250 in Spink (or £125 if you can't identify it properly) given that the obverse struggles to this grade so the better reverse cannot compensate to any large extent - or might that bring on a dose of reality?

Edited by Rob

I think I'll list this beauty! You can really see the details don't you think! AND it's extremely rare (in this condition)!!

HaHa.jpg

Just picked this up on CU

Look

If you bought it you'd just have to replace the current saddle wouldn't you???!

Guest scott.

you guys crack me up! especially the bike one... i mean how did you spot that? s,pose you cant miss something like that.. thanks for the laugh.. keep up the good work. should keep this sort of subject on going and updated! for people like me:)

Looks to me as if this "toothed border" might have been made using actual teeth....

Rare 1860 Mule