British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I knew who that would be before looking at the link!

Nice enough chap, but he does try his luck sometimes with grading, and he really should know better.

I knew who that would be before looking at the link!

Nice enough chap, but he does try his luck sometimes with grading, and he really should know better.

Does know better. It's called a dodgy dealer or to be more accurate a liar. Grading is not that subjective.

• Like 1

I don't know! If I found a hammered Edward Ist penny in that condition I'd be tempted to claim :rolleyes: FDC!!!

Guest Guest

I knew the US $ was likely to come under pressure given the negative balance of payments, but has it really devalued that much tonight or are the mafia feeling homesick and yearning for their lire?

It's a guy on the CU Forums . It was a 10 cents listing day, so whatever price it starts at he only paid 10 cents instead of the usual percentage.

Guest Guest

It's a guy on the CU Forums . It was a 10 cents listing day, so whatever price it starts at he only paid 10 cents instead of the usual percentage.

At least he is offering to spread the payment. :D

I think I'm going colourblind!Gold!

Guest Guest
Hi everyone,

what do you make of this,

1933 Penny

Read the questions from potential Buyers and the answers the seller has given !!!!

Is this the 1933 penny missing since 1970 !!!!!!!

Turned out it was a 1933 penny, an irish one!!

The buyer is considering legal action but I dont see him having much chance.

He's got no chance at all!

You can buy piles of old rubbish all day long, all your going to get is poorer, you're not going to get any 1933 pennies, regardless of what clueless sellers say!

No one wants to throw away £200, but it could have been a lot worse!

Here's a 1933 penny available at a far more reasonable price....

Another 33

Very interesting - but stupid :P

qccoins

how does he do it and not get - every time...please check out tat he sells to happy customers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1931-Farthing-in-Ext...1QQcmdZViewItem

Clearly aiming at the uninformed market. Hats off to anyone who can sell 1965, 1977 and 1980 crowns at £3 each. Describing s**t as nice condition also helps selling to the same group.

He does not quite get away with it. Quite a few neg feedback entries and I suspect he will not be around for much longer if it carries on.

Feedback for qccoins

With 5 negatives I think you'll find he'll just press on as long as he can. This comes in the same category as those sellers that bury the word "copy" in a lot of verbage. Someone always falls for it. :blink:

Dubious yes, but at only 89p each on a buy it now an obvious BARGAIN :unsure:

£32 for postage and insurance....bargain.

I've emailed ebay with several of the ripped-off links.. AND informed some of the sellers that their pictures had been ripped off and are being used fraudulently......

I doubt that Ebay will do much on my information, but hopefully, after the genuine sellers complain, they will be removed....

Let's see how promptly ebay reacts....

Good rule of thumb: "If it seems to good to be true, it is"......

Caveat Emptor..... Use common sense.....

I e-mailed eBay too and the legitimate seller.

No reply from either.

I can't believe the nerve of someone to try something so blatant. Their feedback is comical - all from today (within a few minutes of each other) and all from zero-feedback users.

I had emailed the 3 sellers that I knew.... and also contacted ebay directly....

They too contacted ebay......

as of now, fast by ebay standards, the fraudulent seller is not-registered any more... and has no items for sale.....

score one for the good guys........