British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

4 hours ago, Martinminerva said:

So, I hope a good many of us will give him the useful information that he is trying to pass off a fake!

Done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ozjohn said:

It's a very nice example but you're right - well overpriced. 1915, 1916, and 1918 are the easiest to find in high grade.

I saw their listings when in just the right mood....:-)

Untitled.png

Edited by blakeyboy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

I saw their listings when in just the right mood....:-)

Untitled.png

Baffles me when I see this type of thing on ebay.

I saw one listing the other day where the bloke's fingers looked like he'd been doing an oil change on his lawnmower. Can't remember what the coin was, but I do know it was silver, so Christ knows what that'll turn up like.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kipster said:

Baffles me when I see this type of thing on ebay.

I saw one listing the other day where the bloke's fingers looked like he'd been doing an oil change on his lawnmower. Can't remember what the coin was, but I do know it was silver, so Christ knows what that'll turn up like.

100% agreed. It's bad enough on a circulated coin, but on one that good, it's sacrilege. At least wear gloves as I've seen one or two do. 

Fingerprints and other greasemarks might not appear for several more months. 

55 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Ah yes , Kid gloves I see

Kid Galahad ? (one for us oldies)

On 2/23/2023 at 9:50 PM, Sword said:

The listing has been removed (rather than ended)! Looks like it might be the action of Ebay.

1054714928_3-Copy.thumb.jpg.316e3f07c065f6b9d11f4141cf00a1d2.jpg

The username is no longer registered on eBay.

Hopefully, we won't hear more stories about 1933 pennies found in clocks , chimneys, charity shops, late relatives' accumulations etc for at least a little while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sword said:

The username is no longer registered on eBay.

Hopefully, we won't hear more stories about 1933 pennies found in clocks , chimneys, charity shops, late relatives' accumulations etc for at least a little while.

Panic not. I've just found a 1933 penny in a pile of sh*te just acquired. Normal service will be resumed shortly. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

I'm holding out for a hoard of maybe 50-60 1933 pennies found under the cabbage patch. Imagine the once-in-a-lifetime thrill and uniqeness of acquiring a large hoard of coins far in excess of the number actually minted.

1 hour ago, JJs said:

I'm holding out for a hoard of maybe 50-60 1933 pennies found under the cabbage patch. Imagine the once-in-a-lifetime thrill and uniqeness of acquiring a large hoard of coins far in excess of the number actually minted.

Logic doesn't matter to the  sellers of genuine 1933 pennies. 

One seller keeps on saying that she is selling the "last coin" of her late mother's collection but there appears to be no end to her offerings. (Not that it makes any difference anyway). The last offer contained a coin dated 2022 which I believe is after her mother's passing. The listing has been removed now.

but at the very least these sellers keep everyone amused....  perhaps it's like stand up at the comedy coin club 

I truly can't get my head round why an experienced and respected seller of such long standing is trying to pass a "copy" - modern fake, for £155.

link

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I truly can't get my head round why an experienced and respected seller of such long standing is trying to pass a "copy" - modern fake, for £155.

link

I've always thought torcoins was a complete shyster. Exorbitant prices for genuine coins, but this does take the biscuit.

• Like 2

I once asked him about a 1797 penny, which he immediately relisted for £100 more than it was advertised for. :lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

I've always thought torcoins was a complete shyster. Exorbitant prices for genuine coins, but this does take the biscuit.

that is ridiculously obvious 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

link

It just does not look 'Right' anyway. Strangely high price for a 'Copy' too.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Iannich48 said:

It just does not look 'Right' anyway. Strangely high price for a 'Copy' too.

Precisely. It hits you in the eye that it's a fake, even though he does admit it's a copy. But to ask £155 for it, is a complete insult. 

Yes, he is in any case very pricey, but I'm just surprised he's trying a stunt like this.

• Like 1

The listing has thankfully been ended due to an "error".

• Like 2

I messaged him and said that it was "naughty" as such copies sell for a few pounds - must have tweaked his conscience.

Edited by secret santa
spelling error
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

It might have been the fear of criticism or ridicule rather than conscience. 

• Haha 1