British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

You'll have to type in 'Coin looks like Jesus'...

I've given up- better things to do- I just keep getting '403 forbidden' all the time...

Only One Penny Defaced Coin 1918 Faded Face On Front Of Coin Looks Like Jesus  on ebay

Edited by blakeyboy

Had a look - that's a pretty long stretch to make that look like anything at all! What is he smoking?

• Haha 2

Whatever it is it must be pretty potent.

From the same seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-By-A-Dog/174641826230?hash=item28a976c9b6:g:YRMAAOSwK21gLVSP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/large-antique-oil-painting-Signed/174640109563?hash=item28a95c97fb:g:0QgAAOSw3e9gJ5eG

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:23 AM, Paddy said:

As ever because the £320 was a shill bid, so the coin never left her filthy mits at all. You would think she had got the message by now.

Stupid is as stupid does

4 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

I've given up- better things to do- I just keep getting '403 forbidden' all the time...

Only One Penny Defaced Coin 1918 Faded Face On Front Of Coin Looks Like Jesus  on ebay

Christ Almighty :wacko: 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

I think I can see it. BIN of only a grand too🧐

Untitled.jpg.17e57a04c9d58003d1080e4b43e9fdf3.jpg

• Haha 2

Vendor is from Yeovil.

Population 45,000

Surnames 3

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, bagerap said:

Vendor is from Yeovil.

Population 45,000

Surnames 3

I thought that was norfolk

• Haha 1

I just saw this 1862 shilling sold by jonblyth for 940 pounds -- while Mark listed it for 450 pounds (ref23/164). I do wonder why some collectors only keep an eye on the ebay. (that coin should be directly purchased from mark by Jon, he then sent it for grading and hold it for some time. )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1862-Queen-Victoria-Great-Britain-London-Mint-Silver-Shilling-Coin-1S-NGC-MS63/363297542820?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Edited by celtic_coin

33 minutes ago, jelida said:

Item description re toning;

..."I'm assuming this is the result of the coin living inside a chair cushion for the last 150 years or similar?.”😂

Item location noteworthy. :D

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Diaconis said:

Item description re toning;

..."I'm assuming this is the result of the coin living inside a chair cushion for the last 150 years or similar?.”😂

More like it aquired that tone on a trip back from wuhan

• Haha 2

On 3/6/2021 at 11:40 AM, jelida said:

The reverse border teeth are an especial giveaway.

Has now been withdrawn.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:48 PM, Iannich48 said:

Hey! Enough about Norfolk, thank you😐

Have I only just noticed this, or have dates in quoted posts suddenly reverted to the nonsensical American MM/DD/YYYY format?

16 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Have I only just noticed this, or have dates in quoted posts suddenly reverted to the nonsensical American MM/DD/YYYY format?

I'm afraid it's been the case for a long time, Chris.

In the same way you'd get a red underlined "spelling error" for the English centre instead of the American center etc. Try it you'll see.  

Somebody at work got very confused about this the other week about an invoice from a USA company. They thought that 02/10/20 was the February 10th of this year. I had to point out that the year was wrong. I did laugh.

11/9 instead of 9/11?  Also the numbers used for the US emergency telephone service.

I did ask some Americans what the hell happened on the 9th of november.

'en route' is my favourite- It somehow manages, when said by an American, two foul up in two different languages as once....