British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

6 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Who is this guy trying to kid?

link

Double header indeed.....

rare as a Hen's teeth

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, Michael-Roo said:

:o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unauthenticated-1933-george-v-bronze-type-penny-gap-filler-dirty-bent-read-all/124513709632?hash=item1cfd986e40:g:I4cAAOSwYBRf8Z6b

Last time she had one (Just last year wasn't it? What are the odds??? Er, none whatsoever.), didn't it come to her in a Whitman folder of pennies she'd bought at a jumble in the same church? So that's twice she's suggested she may have their valuable penny but still happy to offer it for sale on Ebay. Oh, and I see it appears she's now out of rare Indian silver coins. Plod should knock and have a word.

Her cunning ploy seems to be working, 28 bids, currently at £320 with 22hrs to go. Where will it end?

3 hours ago, Diaconis said:

Her cunning ploy seems to be working, 28 bids, currently at £320 with 22hrs to go. Where will it end?

I'm tempted to think she - or her shill - is 3***i looking at the bids.

• Like 1

!! Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat !! 

Edited by Diaconis
cock up

My ship is abundant eels aericumbens?

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

My ship is abundant eels aericumbens?

A modern 'latinisation' inspired by Monty Pythons The Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook - "My hovercraft is full of eels"

• Haha 2

I also liked The Two Ronnies Swedish phrasebook...

F U N E X ?

S, V F X
F U N E M ?

9. V F N 10 E M

(girl walks by carrying large ham)

O - U F M !!

O K, V F M

O K - M N X 4 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think she’s been on the Ouija

2 hours ago, Diaconis said:

I think she’s been on the Ouija

Or the Ouzo...

She's sold quite a few of these in recent months. A quick search is all it takes to find them available for a few pounds each. I note the bizarre fake toning appears to have gone out of fashion...

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Or the Ouzo...

What if both🤯, imagine that, what a volatile combo.

Is anybody there? 

O....U......Z.......

(It was ust the drink talking, ba dum.)

8 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

What's the betting it's the four legged tripod? The mint have already confirmed this isn't a mistake but the designer's personal interpretation.

46 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

What's the betting it's the four legged tripod? The mint have already confirmed this isn't a mistake but the designer's personal interpretation.

Won't be that as it's up for a quid and free postage. The £2 with the four legged tripod would represent a loss. After fees it has to be a 10p or smaller, unless the blunder is to list something at a loss?

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

Won't be that as it's up for a quid and free postage. The £2 with the four legged tripod would represent a loss. After fees it has to be a 10p or smaller, unless the blunder is to list something at a loss?

Read again.

She's asking a pound a pop simply to divulge what the rarity is. No actual coins for sale.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael-Roo said:

Read again. She's asking a pound a pop simply to tell what the rarity is.

You beat me to it I was going to say that as well🤣

• Like 1

Oh, by the way, Upinsmoke. 

"Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional"

Hear, hear.

Edited by Michael-Roo

Oh, I see now. Didn't read it fully as I usually struggle to plough through the drivel, and wouldn't buy whatever it was in any case.

I think it has to be a design issue, because anything to do with spelling or grammar doesn't come within her capabilities. To quote the listing without amending in order to convert it into English.

'Have a read because.

these will soon be extreamly expensive as I will be soon letting the cat out of the bag ..and informing sellers that's when they go up in price believe me I did try to tell you ..yes for a small fee but for the information. .one pound is a bargain I know error coins ...take for instance the brexit 50p

A LOT don't know it's an error but fact is ..it is
Prosperity don't have an Oxford comma on the end as it should ...but the coin I talk about will be worth much much more don't miss out it's a stonker of an error coin'

• Like 1

Ha ha, yes. Syntax word jazz. Click your fingers hep cats.

All these rare Indian silver coins, Gothic crowns, 1933 pennies etc. 'Mum' undoubtedly experienced more than her fair share of prods from the lucky stick didn't she.

Edited by Michael-Roo

On 1/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, Michael-Roo said:

Someone should inform her that - yes, it's true! - Jane Austen actually did write Pride and Prejudice. :lol:

She was initially asking for £3. It is now withdrawn due to an "error" in the listing.

Edited by Sword

Regarding the "1933" object: looks like the top bidder wasn't genuine.

From the description of one of her current items: "I'm letting the rest of mums collection go I would have listed mums penny with these but I dont have to sell that one if I don't want that one may be kept"

Hopefully she will be keeping that as an "heirloom" and the item and the story will not surface again.

"But I won't let them go for any less as your getting all 11 of mums last coins"

Looks like there shouldn't be any more inherited coins for sale after these.