British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

My favorite carry on is cleo but kyber is a close second

Infammy -Infammy They've all got it in for me - a classic

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a poisonous asp

asp.jpg

The woman on the left is either Sheila Steafal or Fenella Fielding, but I can't tell which!

Sadly, neither actress is listed on the cast roll.

I thought this section was for eBay Worst Offerings. Its gone off topic rather😏  "WHAT A CARRY ON" I say  🤣🤣

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

The woman on the left is either Sheila Steafal or Fenella Fielding, but I can't tell which!

Gloria Best (?)

Still, it is reduced from £100 to £60 and is 'beautiful' and 'rare'.  (only 121 million minted, so if every man, woman and child in the UK is sitting on one there are only 55 million left for our American, Australian and Chinese friends).  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With millions of BU 1967s though...

"Genuine cleaned" 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

"Genuine cleaned" 😄

It does just get worse:

1965 Great Britain UK One 1 Penny PCGS Genuine (Cleaned) UNC Detail 

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL COIN.....IT IS A HIGH GRADE And Nice Color For The Year!!.....CERTAINLY A COLLECTIBLE COIN !
YOU WILL RARELY.....EVER.....FIND A COIN TONED THIS WAY.........SO NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO 'BUY IT NOW' !!

THIS COIN IS ONE OF THE MOST DESIRABLE BECAUSE OF THE TONING...... GET YOURS TODAY.......BUY IT NOW !!

EVERY COLLECTOR LOVES RARE COINS.....AND EVERY COLLECTOR LOVES BEAUTIFUL COINS.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET ONE OF THE MOST 'DESIRABLE' COINS OF ALL TIME...AND IT'S YOURS FOR THE TAKING

JUST LOOK AT THE FINISH ON THIS COIN !!  YOU GET THIS ONE FOR YOUR COLLECTION..

If you insist on the highest quality coin and colors for your collection, this hand selected piece is for you. An exceptional coin in every way, as nice as the day it was minted.

This is the way they are supposed to look.

A wonderful coin for the toned coin collector and certain to please the fussiest buyer.
  • Haha 1

It's wrong in just about every way possible. Beautiful - not. Nice color for the year - I prefer the green ones they made in 1964. Collectible coin - not. Desirable - not. The way they are supposed to look - not. Never met a toned coin collector - presumably means tanned? Why does he studiously avoid the warning on the label and make statements to the contrary?

Only true bits are every collector loves beautiful coins, and to some extent, loves rare coins.

• Like 1

I love the way it says on ebay simillar items sold for £1-£2  when he has that outrageous tag on it

Some of his other offerings appear to exhibit artificial toning and, coincidentally, are unslabbed.

• Haha 1

Am I being cynical or is this 1881 halfcrown ok?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C32-3-coin-sale-1887-VICTORIAN-ONE-FLORIN-PLUS-1875-and-1881-Half-Crown/163992006779?redirect=mobile

On 12/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, Peckris 2 said:

A young Joan Sims, stalwart of the Carry On films.

Yes, in the second picture, but in the first picture with Amanda Barrie and the asp, it's Christine Rogers.

On 12/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, blakeyboy said:

Yes, in the second picture, but in the first picture with Amanda Barrie and the asp, it's Christine Rogers.

Yes, I'm very familiar with Sylvia Sims (I'll rephrase that...) - I meant the asp picture.

I'll stop you going to them youth clubs.....

You mean Joan- if you've been dreaming of Sylvia again, stop watching Ice Cold in Alex!!!!

25 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Yes, I'm very familiar with Sylvia Sims (I'll rephrase that...) - I meant the asp picture.

I think Blakeyboy has earned the cigar with Christine Rodgers. There are several pictures of her on imdb.