British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

It gets better. The errors were pointed out and the problem is quote THANKS ROB. BLOODY AUTO LIST MANAGER TOOL. CHANGED TO MANUAL MUCH SAFER. REGARDS RICH

Clearly you can't trust computers these days. They insert wrong dates, wrong monarchs, changed George VI's wife's name to Mary or changed William's to George and to cap it all it appears that the coin is now cupro-nickel and a VIP proof!! - with more emphasis on the cupro than the nickel if the washed out colours are anything to go by. Must be the computer's fault. I wonder what the original coin was with the initial description? I don't normally use emoticons, but I wish there was one with a sad look shaking it's head.

Do these people really exist or is someone just taking the p***????????????????

At least shilling is spelt correctly and the KN obviously refers to knochwurst. Ja ?

At least shilling is spelt correctly and the KN obviously refers to knochwurst. Ja ?

Gotta give this one a little credit. Perhaps he is referring to the base-metal content of the crown, which in German would be kuper-nikel.

Gotta give this one a little credit. Perhaps he is referring to the base-metal content of the crown, which in German would be kuper-nikel.

You may have a point there. I suppose I had better apologise fully for any insinuated thoughts. Never mind, there will always be another one along soon.

If its a speaking coin then it is rare....probably AngloDeutsch.

The last 3 coins would be woth more with a hole drilled in them to become washers.

You see some stuff that people bid on and you have to ask why?

I wonder if its a Elizabeth Ryal or Sovereign....Who is going to check ?

Why would anyone want to pay 50p to get rid of a 1p coin? Why don't they just throw it away?

1p coin

Well heres a Victroria Fathing ...looks like someone put the "r" in the wrong place...

Ah, he also lists 1894 and 1901 Victroria Fathings and a few ...ooo...Edward VI Fathings!

Oh, and it looks like Edward VII reigned a few years before that..

Now theres someone who knows what hes talking about!

Edited by Master Jmd

Well heres a Victroria Fathing ...looks like someone put the "r" in the wrong place...

Ah, he also lists 1894 and 1901 Victroria Fathings and a few ...ooo...Edward VI Fathings!

Oh, and it looks like Edward VII reigned a few years before that..

Now theres someone who knows what hes talking about!

Fathings are quite common as are sort after cions, unique 1967 peennies, hlaf crwons and crwons, floorings, florians, peenies, penny's, shilings, hammerd victroian and gerogian etc. Kant ne1 spel?

Amny thnaks for reading this diatribe.

I luvs me cions me I do.

Specially the scares ones with no ware.

Yes, an those wots' good conditon for theyre age. Sum are so rare Spinkses has no price at all for the m at all (usully the 'F' ones)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1919-GEORGE-V-ONE-PE...1QQcmdZViewItem

On this basis my duplicates have just increased by over 1000% each.....still at least this one can spell....

I love Ebay :D:D:D Rely on this kind of thing to help dispel the new year blues...

Only a lot wide of the mark as opposed to being greedily and hopelessly over-ambitious. There's hope yet!

One day someone will list a 1952 or 54 1d at £7.99 in NF.

Actually I saw a 1888 inverted 1 Double Florin once but I was amongst the masses :(

Edited by Peter

One day someone will list a 1952 or 54 1d at £7.99 in NF.

And it will probably sell for under a tenner. I listed an 1826/2 shilling once and it sold for £1.71. Even in dire grade it had to be worth more than that. Still, Footandankle was happy. What is it about ebay that enables a piece of crap worth literally nothing other than scrap value to sell for £10, 20 or 30, yet start a piece worth £10 for £4.99 or even £1.99 and it doesn't sell because you didn't start at 99p?

What is it about ebay that enables a piece of crap worth literally nothing other than scrap value to sell for £10, 20 or 30, yet start a piece worth £10 for £4.99 or even £1.99 and it doesn't sell because you didn't start at 99p?

It's the fact that Ebay attracts all sorts of buyers,not necessarily coin collectors, who think they see a ''bargain''(and no doubt will try to sell it on in a week or two)and will bid daft money for poor coins-also that you cannot put a reserve price on an item unless it's valued at over £50,so it's a real gamble to list good coins that start low,despite the possibility that it might encourage bidding....

£175 with 30 days to go for a VF penny catalogued (in 2004) at £40 seems strange - unless there are a lot of people out there with bags of Chrismas present money (or refunds) :o