British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264303363972

Not old and not "mixed continents" either...would be a welcome addition to my tourist fake collection if the vendor would budge on price a little...

1 hour ago, JLS said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264303363972

Not old and not "mixed continents" either...would be a welcome addition to my tourist fake collection if the vendor would budge on price a little...

That rounded edge; lovely.

No idea what it is and so looking for information on it, however, in the meantime, would anyone like to buy it for £10,000?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

It gets worse. 

Did you see this from the same seller?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAD-VALLEY-VERY-RARE-OLD-TEDDY-BEAR-WHAT-IS-IT/264303365934?hash=item3d89b54f2e:g:PFIAAOSw8cNUQ6OU

old teddy bear or is it. I have had this bear for nearly 50 years. it was given to my mother for me before I was born. it is a chad valley bear . it has a blue label. I am looking for information on what type of bear it is. have been told its from the 1950/60s .

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

I guess he has picked up on this as he's reporting nearly every single post in this thread pertaining to him..

I've disabled the 'Reporting' feature for Guest accounts, so we all stop receiving spam.

She.

42 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

She.

...may be the face I can't forget 
The trace of pleasure or regret 
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay 
She may be the song that summer sings 
Maybe the chill that autumn brings 
Maybe a hundred different things 
Within the measure of a day
She may be the beauty or the beast 
May be the famine or the feast 
May turn each day into a Heaven or a Hell 
She may be the mirror of my dreams 
A smile reflected in a stream 
She may not be what she may seem 
Inside her shell  - dons shop

Er, I'll get me coat...

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:
...may be the face I can't forget 
The trace of pleasure or regret 
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay 
She may be the song that summer sings 
Maybe the chill that autumn brings 
Maybe a hundred different things 
Within the measure of a day
She may be the beauty or the beast 
May be the famine or the feast 
May turn each day into a Heaven or a Hell 
She may be the mirror of my dreams 
A smile reflected in a stream 
She may not be what she may seem 
Inside her shell  - dons shop

Er, I'll get me coat...

...may be the face that's aged o'ernight

no trace of pleasure at her shite

may be the treasure or the price I pay eBay

• Haha 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254319712890

"Authentic coin", countermark described as "fantasy". Why anyone would pay anything for this I don't know. It's not even a good fantasy - the S.F. Maria Theresa thalers have only been minted since 1853 - looks like a 20th century Vienna coin. The guy is selling a lot of other countermarked "fantasies".

Wonder where they come from...

gotcha.thumb.JPG.9867abb7bd400770fbb023ab6b5168b8.JPG

...ah.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

It gets worse. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAD-VALLEY-VERY-RARE-OLD-TEDDY-BEAR-WHAT-IS-IT/264303365934?hash=item3d89b54f2e:g:PFIAAOSw8cNUQ6OU

old teddy bear or is it. I have had this bear for nearly 50 years. it was given to my mother for me before I was born. it is a chad valley bear . it has a blue label. I am looking for information on what type of bear it is. have been told its from the 1950/60s .

I think the "seller" only wants to get information on his teddy which is sentimental to him. A price needs to be given for an advert on Ebay and a £10k price just mean he doesn't want to sell it. Nothing sinister in that. Likewise he is only after information on his coin I think.

It would be different if he had artificially toned the teddy a pale golden colour (which I understand can be a very rare colour), sew a button onto the ear to pretend it is a Steiff, make up some story about it being the favorite teddy of Queen Victoria and get "assistance" with the biddings.  

On 8/8/2019 at 10:13 PM, Michael-Roo said:

It gets worse. 

If you look again, the main description says "SIGHS OF OLD AGE" .....is that what I'm doing?

22 hours ago, JLS said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254319712890

"Authentic coin", countermark described as "fantasy". Why anyone would pay anything for this I don't know. It's not even a good fantasy - the S.F. Maria Theresa thalers have only been minted since 1853 - looks like a 20th century Vienna coin. The guy is selling a lot of other countermarked "fantasies".

Wonder where they come from...

gotcha.thumb.JPG.9867abb7bd400770fbb023ab6b5168b8.JPG

...ah.

£227 and counting...whaaaat?

It clearly says 'Genuine' and 'fantasy' in the same line....

46 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

£227 and counting...whaaaat?

It clearly says 'Genuine' and 'fantasy' in the same line....

He's doing some serious trade

How do you bring up a page of a sellers past sales?

In Ebay if you click on any seller ID, it brings up a summary page for that trader. Then click on "Items for Sale", which will bring up all his or her current items. Then scroll down the left side to "Sold listing" and click that. Bingo!

Here is the result for our counter-marked Thaler man - one look at that list and you know he is selling fakes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sattar-uk/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

In Ebay if you click on any seller ID, it brings up a summary page for that trader. Then click on "Items for Sale", which will bring up all his or her current items. Then scroll down the left side to "Sold listing" and click that. Bingo!

Here is the result for our counter-marked Thaler man - one look at that list and you know he is selling fakes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sattar-uk/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Wow, now there’s £+7000 worth of fakes sold.

Well b**ger me! I never realised that it worked for sellers . Thanks Paddy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bagerap said:

Well b**ger me! I never realised that it worked for sellers . Thanks Paddy.

Me either and I have been on eBay 20 years. You learn something new every day😀.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

You just have to admire the description:

extremely common 2000 1p one penny coin - Circulated. Dispatched with Royal Mail 1st Class Letter.

2000 was the year of the new millennium which is pretty cool history to have and collect everyone (stupid people) thought the world would end 

2000 is 19 years ago from today which means tha the coin can legally make love, drive a car and smoke a cigarette. cool coin

the coin predates and has survived historical events such as 9/11, hurricane katrina, the 2008 economic collapse, michael jacksons death, the iraq & afghanistan wars, the creation of minecraft and the shut down of club penguin

the coin has lived a long and happy life and is now ready to be a part of your collection along with other coin friends that it can chat too for the remainder of his days

give the coin a home :)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

Well he is technically correct. It is R8. But it's nowhere near aEF. No more than fine in my book.

He's also neglected to mention that it's a F22 (4 + D)

Started off at 99p - if he'd got the grade right that would be fair enough. 

• Like 1

Seeing these listings I'm wondering if someone else is grading at the moment?

They're usually pretty accurate. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/British/3394/m.html?item=202734154926&hash=item2f33e5b4ae%3Ag%3AiZ0AAOSwB99dLJWW&_ssn=buckscoins

Edited by Michael-Roo