British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

18 minutes ago, Rob said:

The guy is selling for a charity, so a quick message might be all that is required to get it removed.

I doubt it, I emailed him last week about his fake 1844 crown, he insisted it came from a “professional numastic auction hence verified”, so I sent him links which he said he would compare but the coin is still there. Perhaps if others messaged him about these coins he might take notice, but he has quite a number of likely fake milled silver (USA, China) that he is trying to sell and I suspect he knows they are not kosher.

Jerry

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jelida said:

I doubt it, I emailed him last week about his fake 1844 crown, he insisted it came from a “professional numastic auction hence verified”, so I sent him links which he said he would compare but the coin is still there. Perhaps if others messaged him about these coins he might take notice, but he has quite a number of likely fake milled silver (USA, China) that he is trying to sell and I suspect he knows they are not kosher.

Jerry

I find it almost impossible to believe he is honest. Just too many fake coins on his site at ridiculous prices. 

His 1866 King Edward VII Hong Kong One Dollar Silver Coin is particularly amusing. Asking price of £475.

115948136_s-l1600(1)-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.38573869e9706d5bcc29b38059e19e93.jpg

201101830_s-l1600-Copy-Copy.jpg.3e659860d627a6b70cd7705adbfe6076.jpg

Edited by Sword
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I just emailed the seller. I told him how much enjoyment  I had got from his listing.

You know what? I don't think he will be pleased to hear that, for some reason.

I HATE this shit.

Ah well, a fool and his money......

On 6/23/2019 at 10:17 PM, Sword said:

I find it almost impossible to believe he is honest. Just too many fake coins on his site at ridiculous prices. 

His 1866 King Edward VII Hong Kong One Dollar Silver Coin is particularly amusing. Asking price of £475.

115948136_s-l1600(1)-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.38573869e9706d5bcc29b38059e19e93.jpg

201101830_s-l1600-Copy-Copy.jpg.3e659860d627a6b70cd7705adbfe6076.jpg

This is the sort of fake I'd happily spend £5 - reminds me of those wacky early 1900s novodels of Peter I's coinage...which are now quite valuable in themselves !

I used to have a Sassanid silver coin - 100 times better engraved than that horror!

28 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I used to have a Sassanid silver coin - 100 times better engraved than that horror!

There are worse examples...my personal favorite is this monstrous penny token from early 19th century Canada. Particularly fond of the random chisel marks in the field of the die to try and get some semblance of lettering going. 

robbins.JPG

• Haha 4

Edward Vii was about twenty five years old in 1866 , how come they knew what he looked like 35 years later when he was not even king yet.

I think queen victoria might have objected to him being called king and emperor of india even in a caretaker roll

20 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Edward Vii was about twenty five years old in 1866 , how come they knew what he looked like 35 years later when he was not even king yet.

I think queen victoria might have objected to him being called king and emperor of india even in a caretaker roll

She sure would :) . Queen Victoria herself was proclaimed as Empress of India only in 1876, a full decade later. 

35 minutes ago, Sword said:

She sure would :). Queen Victoria herself was proclaimed as Empress of India only in 1876, a full decade later. 

Yes her interest in india came from one of her later servants

2 hours ago, Sword said:

She sure would :). Queen Victoria herself was proclaimed as Empress of India only in 1876, a full decade later. 

And if anyone dared forget and referred to her as the "Empress of Blandings" it was "Orf with his head!" or else "I'll have two eggs with that".

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Out of order ,especially using the LCA picture to try it on even more ☹️

Hopefully someone spending that kind of money will know its not.

31 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Out of order ,especially using the LCA picture to try it on even more ☹️

Hopefully someone spending that kind of money will know its not.

Quite right Pete. How about this from him instead then? :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1898-Queen-Victoria-One-Penny-Coin-Bronze-United-Kingdom/401797984999?hash=item5d8d06b2e7:g:I94AAOSwQWldFVCN

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

I've sent him a message outlining his "error" - for all the good it will do.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Likewise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-Penny-1892-1-Nice-Grade-Very-Rare/254278549041?hash=item3b342ebe31:g:-Q0AAOSw7CBdFcRy

Whats this noodle on about ?

I call him a noodle as he bid on a mates coins and when he won them didnt want them,even though they were in slabs and nothing wrong with them.

1892/1 😮

No images of the other side of the coin, nor a close-up of the date/overdate...

I'm deeply suspicious of this vendor. His photographs seem to be randomly taken on a leather sofa, in his hand etc etc but his feedback is 100%. Has anyone done business with Torcoins ?

Edited by secret santa
typo

7 minutes ago, secret santa said:

I'm deeply suspicious of this vendor. His photographs seem to be randomly taken on a leather sofa, in his hand etc etc but his feedback is 100%. Has anyone done business with Torcoins ?

I haven't and wouldn't. His pictures are appalling. I once messaged him asking for better photos of a cartwheel 1d he wanted a ludicrous amount for. I wasn't really interested but all his pictures were weird and purple so I thought I'd ask. He responded by refusing further photos and telling me to trust him, it was a good one. He also withdrew and relisted the coin for an extra £100. :rolleyes:

I have bought and sold coins from TORCOINS. He has always been on the up and up, with me. He advertises a lot of rare coins also.

5 hours ago, secret santa said:

I bought my 1869 penny from him in October 2015. Actually managed to knock him down quite substantially. He seemed OK.

14 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1909-Freeman-169-Dies-2-E-A-Strong-VG-with-Major-Details/401797925690?hash=item5d8d05cb3a:g:hloAAOSwsUBdFT53

Well, this is the response I've just had from this idiot. I have sent him a further slightly stronger message which I wont publish 🤐 😁. Perhaps others might like to message him too!

iv had everything evaluated and been advised in detail on the value and specs of each item , if your not interested in purchasing it then I do not see the
need to message me , iv seen the 'site' were coin collectors get together and bitch about peoples items and I find it rather pathetic and have reported various members , it would be a good idea just to mind your own business instead of concerning yourself with mine.

many thanks

Your previous message

Hi, that isn’t an F169 penny, but the ordinary 1909. If you look at the London Coin Auction coin you picture and took the details from you will see that the 1 of the date points directly to a border tooth, whereas yours points to a gap.

Jerry

All good fun!
Jerry
  • Like 1

Well, you know what you all and your 'site' (why the inverted commas?) can do, don't you. :D

I was hoping for 'so called experts' but alas...

I have this exchange from yesterday too Jerry. Couldn't be bothered to continue with it any further.

New message from: lifeasas-64 (54)

They are my genuine pictures I used one “auction Photo “ for comparison and iv had majority of these looked at and valued anyway so I know what they are worth , it’s a slaggging off site and iv screen shotted the comments they made and I will be reporting anyway

Your previous message

All I wanted to do was let you know your identification of the 1909 penny as F169 2+E is incorrect, and I sent you the photo of a true one as an example. Your coin is the common type and only worth a pound or so. The other coins you have listed likewise have very little commercial value. You told me you have 460 rare coins, why not offer some of those for sale on Ebay instead? Collectors will always pay good prices for items of value.

Predecimal members use that page to circulate information about people attempting to pass off fakes as genuine coins, and when the fakes are identified they are reported to Ebay. Members also use the page to swap information on listings which are incorrect and/or come with silly asking prices. No one is suggesting your penny is fake, but it is common, you have misidentified it as a rarity, and have used a London Coins Auctions photo of someone else's genuine rare penny in your listing.

'Rang' means worn, worthless, only fit for the bin.

lifeasas-64:

iv taken pictures of those nasty comments and names and users and will be reporting them to eBay and the site itself of which iv just registered with , as im going by what my evaluation has told me , their not fake , or RANG whatever that means, how dare you all be so bitchy , I thought that behaviour was for children in the playground

Your previous message

Not intended to be negative or anything of the sort, I'm simply pointing out it isn't the die paring you've described it as. If it were F169 the '1' in the date would be directly above a tooth, and it isn't. 

Yes, I'm sure you have lots of rare coins. I've just seen the LOVELY 1898 penny you've added.

Please see the latest posts at predecimal.com forum > 'ebay's worst offerings' for what people are saying about your listings.

lifeasas-64:

as much as I appreciate your negative comments, I have a collection of over 460 rare coins , all evaluated and I can confirm all evaluations, and conditions of the coins , 

many thanks

Your previous message

Hi L.

Not even close. 

This is what it should be.

Kind regards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why you have now registered on here ,you can read this please .

Please take your RANG 1909 penny off ebay as its not as described ,not rare and not worth anything ,it isnt fake but not the scarce type.

Would you not feel guilty taking some honest persons hard earned money off them ?

I hope by you reporting me  ebay wil remove your listing before perhaps someone possibly pays way to much.The people messaging you have given you the opportunity to take the 1909 penny off ebay yourself and you have decided not to listen. You mention you have had your coins valued and think you should question the person who did this for you , please also direct them to this site as the coin is only worth £1.

The comments on this forum were not nasty and just the truth , although if you want to air your view please post on here.

PETE.

• Like 3