British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

The seller is not putting on the description they are 2019 (which may be seen as misleading ) although that is on the picture and cant be classed as fakes.

The fraud squad........Sounds a bit heavy  😮 :D

Are there fake 2019 is that what you mean ?

Edited by PWA 1967

Most of his buyers are probably not aware of the 2019 reissue of Kew Garden 50p. To be fair to him, he has given the date as 2019 in the description  (under item specifics). Not mentioning the date in the title or that this is  a  " 50 years of the 50p " reissue is not ultra scrupulous. 

Can't understand how he can claim 100% feedback on over 4000 transactions whe his feedback rating is only 37.

6 minutes ago, Sword said:

Most of his buyers are probably not aware of the 2019 reissue of Kew Garden 50p. To be fair to him, he has given the date as 2019 in the description  (under item specifics). Not mentioning the date in the title or that this is  a  " 50 years of the 50p " reissue is not ultra scrupulous. 

Can't understand how he can claim 100% feedback on over 4000 transactions whe his feedback rating is only 37.

I'm sure that if someone buys or sells multiple items to the same person, then it only counts as one feedback score, so 4000 feedbacks with 3964 from the same person counts as 1, doesn't it? A bit tedious, but within the capabilities of a dedicated shill bidder, or someone anxious to build up their reputation. e.g. You sell 4000 identical items to the same person (yourself) and leave 4000 feedbacks. Sorry I'm a cynic. :)

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Yes.....One guy has bid with him about 350 times in the last week ,he must be getting frustrated to keep bidding for all the same items :D

• Haha 2

think there is a timeframe(week?) where your feedback is not counted more than once if for the same seller 

20 hours ago, Coin#addict said:

Here's a guy selling multiple listings for fake kew gardens 50 pences. He has already sold a few at decent prices, granted he is not getting the full amount. I actually telephoned ebay yesterday who said they would pass it on to their fraud squad, yet nothing has been done. So obviously ebay condones the selling of fakes 😠

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-STUNNING-KEW-GARDENS-50p-COIN-BRILLIANT-UNCIRCULATED-MINT-CONDITION/293039146693?hash=item443a7e86c5:g:yPoAAOSwcT1coQXZ&redirect=mobile

You do realise that they re-released the Kew garden with a 2019 date don’t you?

Although saying that, he is showing pictures of a 2009, but year of manufacture is 2019, so he is being a little economical in the description. I guess he is hoping no one checks the full listing

Edited by azda

6 minutes ago, azda said:

You do realise that they re-released the Kew garden with a 2019 date don’t you?

Although saying that, he is showing pictures of a 2009, but year of manufacture is 2019, so he is being a little economical in the description.

The year is on the OBV Dave and shows as 2019 as they all have 2009 on the REV.

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

The year is on the OBV Dave and shows as 2019 as they all have 2009 on the REV.

I’d only scrolled through 5 pics, the OBV being the last coin obviously 😂

2 hours ago, ozjohn said:

This one looks like a fake probably better than most being offered? No mention of copy restrike etc

A worryingly good fake.  I wonder if the weight is anywhere near accurate.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:36 AM, JLS said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-1847-PLAIN-EDGE-VICTORIA-GOTHIC-CROWN-SOLID-SILVER-COIN-MY-GRADE-EF/123634333144

Bidding at £2,160...

The seller is previously of "I want a house for my £1 coin" fame. My feeling is that the edge photo is insufficiently clear (could be ex-mount ?). What do you all think ? 

She is at it again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1847-WW-SOLID-SILVER-PLAIN-EDGE-VICTORIA-GOTHIC-CROWN-MY-GRADE-E-F/123730842205?hash=item1cceeed25d:g:Jw4AAOSw9A5criZ1

Are there some raised dots by the V of Victoria?

"ITS SOLD AS SEEN BOUGHT AT YOUR OWN  JUDGEMENT"

"AS IM NOT AN EXPERT" 

Oh look, her last feedback as a buyer was for a particularly interesting item: :D :D :D 

1209014340_1-Copy.jpg.66502fdacbc705b8db53881f6a5a4a5b.jpg

• Haha 2

Absolutely.

Edited by Michael-Roo

56 minutes ago, Sword said:

She is at it again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1847-WW-SOLID-SILVER-PLAIN-EDGE-VICTORIA-GOTHIC-CROWN-MY-GRADE-E-F/123730842205?hash=item1cceeed25d:g:Jw4AAOSw9A5criZ1

Are there some raised dots by the V of Victoria?

"ITS SOLD AS SEEN BOUGHT AT YOUR OWN  JUDGEMENT"

"AS IM NOT AN EXPERT" 

Oh look, her last feedback as a buyer was for a particularly interesting item: :D :D :D 

1209014340_1-Copy.jpg.66502fdacbc705b8db53881f6a5a4a5b.jpg

That's very strange - instead of a genuine feedback it just describes what was bought! Almost as it the seller had their own suspicions about her and decided to make sure that any subsequent buyer looking up the seller/item would spot the word "restrike".

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

That's very strange - instead of a genuine feedback it just describes what was bought! Almost as it the seller had their own suspicions about her and decided to make sure that anyone looking up the item would spot the word "restrike".

The original seller probably noticed her first attempt to pass the item as the real thing. This is Marlybob1's second attempt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sword said:

The original seller probably noticed her first attempt to pass the item as the real thing. This is Marlybob1's second attempt.

Can you change feedback? Didn't realise you could.

Just now, Peckris 2 said:

Can you change feedback? Didn't realise you could.

Marlybob1 didn't leave a feedback when she brought the item initially. The original seller didn't leave one either as a result. He gave a feedback later on for a very good reason.

Just now, Sword said:

Marlybob1 didn't leave a feedback when she brought the item initially. The original seller didn't leave one either as a result. He gave a feedback later on for a very good reason.

Ah, that makes sense.

Has anyone messaged her asking if it's the same coin.....it obviously is but her response would be interesting 

She would just say no I guess. 

People like that have skin thicker than a Gothic Crown. 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2

Temptation got the better of me! I've messaged asking, I'll post the response if I get one

13 minutes ago, will1976 said:

Temptation got the better of me! I've messaged asking, I'll post the response if I get one

I think it would be more interesting to ask the original seller mycopau if it is the same item. 

Edited by Sword

Never thought of that sword, a job for the morning!

Found the listing from the original seller. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1847-VICTORIA-GOTHIC-CROWN-CONTEMPORARY-SILVER-FORGERY-See-Description-/264080811375?nma=true&si=hX46vC%2BxoiDdDtNubzED6M7TcHs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's the same coin I think. Looks like she has done some artificial toning. 

Before: 

1426999892_s-l500-Copy.jpg.81823088c27a8a4315e21fc012e902ab.jpg

After: the black spots below r and t of gratia and the spot on the right field are present.

1575671975_s-l1600-Copy-Copy-Copy.png.d21a9f4cade94329fe6df54340d756ef.png

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1

Actually, mycopau was quite clever to leave a positive feedback that made it clear the coin was a copy. As a regular seller, she can contact Ebay over negative or neutral feedbacks and get them removed if she can make a case for why they should be. But positive feedback - why should Ebay even discuss getting that taken down!

Well done mycopau! 😄

• Like 1