British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

51 minutes ago, Sword said:

"I was looking for this coin for about 3 years and i think this  is the best example that  I found." You just got to laugh.

....I nearly did....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bagerap said:

£8.50 , who would pay that for one of them 

He usualy sells 3-4 a week

Yet another of the "just across the bridge" fakes who seem to be using the proximity of the mint to cover their chickenshittery.

This will be the very rare obverse F with the lcw below shield and pointed top lighthouse then........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-1861-Penny-4-F-RARE/333120920754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I am watching it just to see if anybody falls for it. Apart from all the ‘wrong uns’ EBay is rather quiet at the moment.

Jerry

On 15 March 2019 at 10:49 AM, craigy said:

sorry not sure what I did there 

Not your fault - but what a url !!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jelida said:

This will be the very rare obverse F with the lcw below shield and pointed top lighthouse then........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-1861-Penny-4-F-RARE/333120920754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I am watching it just to see if anybody falls for it. Apart from all the ‘wrong uns’ EBay is rather quiet at the moment.

Jerry

Yes Jerry as he has done numerous times before i think he just makes them up as he lists them :D anything that it rare for the year will do.

6 hours ago, jelida said:

Jerry

Well if the bids start racking up, then we'll know several have fallen for it.

He should make absolutely sure before stating what he thinks it is, or else say he is not certain. I will allow him a little leeway in the honesty stakes, as I know the 1861 die combinations are not the easiest to get the measure of.

5 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I will allow him a little leeway in the honesty stakes, as I know the 1861 die combinations are not the easiest to get the measure of.

Generous of you Mike, but I'd say he knows exactly what he's doing.

why o why are people buying the 2019 peter rabbits on ebay for more than the asking price at the Rm while they still have them in stock  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=2019 peter rabbit silver proof 50p&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Edited by craigy

I know this shouldn’t come as any surprise, but there are 317 Elizabeth I coins on eBay at the moment, and I wouldn’t care to own any of them.

2 hours ago, Coinery said:

I know this shouldn’t come as any surprise, but there are 317 Elizabeth I coins on eBay at the moment, and I wouldn’t care to own any of them.

do you have a link to any in particular ? 

11 hours ago, craigy said:

apparently its a great Forgery 1933 crown

Is that from the weight? It certainly looks ok.

2 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

I wouldn't have a clue with these, always wanted one but too worried  I will buy a lemon, even doing these now    1937 crown copy

2 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Mine's 28.4g. I can't tell what's off with the ebay one either. I guess people are bidding to resell as genuine. :angry:

4 hours ago, Coin#addict said:

Do these hammered coins look like they were minted yesterday? The seller has quite a few for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMERED-SILVER-MEDIEVAL-COIN/372630617715?redirect=mobile

Looks ok (albeit cleaned) to me. Polish poltorak (3 polker). Cheap as chips and plenty around. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Coin#addict said:

Do these hammered coins look like they were minted yesterday? The seller has quite a few for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMERED-SILVER-MEDIEVAL-COIN/372630617715?redirect=mobile

This coin is almost certainly genuine. I have a few of this issue and they pretty much always look like this, although you occasionally see them with a nice gold tone. Eastern Polish/Belorussian soil is very acidic, so uncleaned examples from soil often have ugly patina which is better lost IMO. As per mrbadexample they were minted in the millions and can be bought wholesale for a few quid each.

• Like 1

Yes - same applies to the Hungarian Denars of the same era - I found 7 in a job lot of foreign coins bought cheaply recently. No reason to doubt their authenticity and sadly worth only a few quid each.

• Thanks 1

Yes, they do look rather cheap and nasty, not something I would purchase either. Seems to be an upsurge in the sale of them. There must be a market for them but they look too new for my liking. 👍

On 3/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, Sword said:

"I was looking for this coin for about 3 years and i think this  is the best example that  I found." You just got to laugh.

He might have acess to the british museum collection or the queens collection , you dont know LOL