British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

4 hours ago, Diaconis said:

He does seem pretentious to say the least.

My objection to slabbing and TPGs has nothing to do with my wanting to deceive someone for personal gain. It's the other way around IMO.

I'm sure they would assign grades to grandmothers if there was a market for it.

"Mrs. Edna C. Dutton. b1931. XF45, cleaned, wrinkled, spotting, titanium hip"

In my younger Rock n Roll days, I was the Queen Mother's hip replacement......

16 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

Where the Hell (!) did you get my sister's photograph???

I think I've had her. :unsure:

• Haha 1

I didn't really think the modern gold 50p's etc were good value, if you by a silver proof coin its worth half or less after a couple of years,  there is one bloke who swears by the gold proof 50p's, 

#

and I have been looking at this numistacker on facebook and it does seem about how shiny a coin is , 

1 hour ago, craigy said:

and I have been looking at this numistacker on facebook and it does seem about how shiny a coin is , 

If he's not a member of the best coin site in the UK, then he's nobody. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

If he's not a member of the best coin site in the UK, then he's nobody. ;)

I like World of Coins too. :D

• Sad 1

That's just a general wish list of things.

We want to get something cheap and add value - we all do, but maybe it was fairly or overpriced in the first place.

The list of faults is one we would all like to avoid, but in the case of the less obvious ones is a matter of opinion. I could give quite a few examples of repaired high value things getting into a slab, including one, which some will remember was the blatantly obviously scratched gold halfpenny I sold which came back as a proof 64 cameo after repair. Repaired nobles with graffiti removed, an Anne farthing with a scratch polished out, hammered shillings with crosses scratched before the bust........ - funny how they all got graded without a details label.

My take on it is that the label confers legitimacy, irrespective of the quality of judgment.

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

That's just a general wish list of things.

We want to get something cheap and add value - we all do, but maybe it was fairly or overpriced in the first place.

The list of faults is one we would all like to avoid, but in the case of the less obvious ones is a matter of opinion. I could give quite a few examples of repaired high value things getting into a slab, including one, which some will remember was the blatantly obviously scratched gold halfpenny I sold which came back as a proof 64 cameo after repair. Repaired nobles with graffiti removed, an Anne farthing with a scratch polished out, hammered shillings with crosses scratched before the bust........ - funny how they all got graded without a details label.

My take on it is that the label confers legitimacy, irrespective of the quality of judgment.

He’s just an advocate of NGC because he has an interest in people going through him to get them graded. He also does videos on coins he’s bought, then lists them on eBay, so effectively shilling his purchases, now he has some sort of connection with this coin connection website, so he did a review video it this apparent “great coin dealer” and now his videos contains adverts where you can save 2% if you quote numistacker when purchasing, problem being, the coins are 30% overpriced already, he is a parasite.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, azda said:

Oh, Jesus, Dave, you do dig them out. ‘N’ for NHS (I ask you :D), Numistacker, Numpty, Noob...just wow! 

Is it Numistacker or Numis Taker? Money taker or piss taker? Hmmmm

Just now, Coinery said:

Oh, Jesus, Dave, you do dig them out. ‘N’ for NHS (I ask you :D), Numistacker, Numpty, Noob...just wow! 

Is it Numistacker or Numis Taker? Money taker or piss taker? Hmmmm

All of the above Stewie, he genuinely thinks he's some sort of coin messiah........

• Like 1

I think a sample to the NHS is in order. God knows what they will find.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think a sample to the NHS is in order. God knows what they will find.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

653DED37-C5D6-4997-BA33-DDAFBECD47BE.jpeg

Edited by Coinery

These twonks aren't numistmatists !!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, Coin#addict said:

I buy quite a lot from ebay at reasonable prices. But it never fails to totally amaze me the amount of money Lucido can get for his coins at aucton, even when there are better coins on buy it now. 

Notice this myself he often gets double or treble what a coins worth  I wonder if some shilling is going on

This old hammered silver looks a bit suspicious.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-silver-English-Coin/352611828140?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&redirect=mobile

On 3/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, secret santa said:

User name "costcutter" - you're 'avin a larf my son ;)  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Trial-Britannia-Moneta-Star-Stainless-Steel-PCGS-MS66/123624505135?hash=item1cc8983f2f:g:YR0AAOSwqeZamuf4

Not a worse offering but maybe someone can help me please.

I have seen these before but can anyone tell me why they were struck please and what they are supposed to represent.

I just put the link here as was the same seller as one above ......I must also mention as he is a forum user i dont have a problem with either 😉

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Trial-Britannia-Moneta-Star-Stainless-Steel-PCGS-MS66/123624505135?hash=item1cc8983f2f:g:YR0AAOSwqeZamuf4

Not a worse offering but maybe someone can help me please.

I have seen these before but can anyone tell me why they were struck please and what they are supposed to represent.

I just put the link here as was the same seller as one above ......I must also mention as he is a forum user i dont have a problem with either 😉

I have a couple of examples of these but in copper not stainless steel. My understanding is they was minted to test the integrity of the die material.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

I wonder if anyone has heard of tinyurl? :lol:

sorry not sure what I did there