British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

I don't understand why he is trying to dissuade bidders from offering higher than a pound. Surely the object is to raise as much money as possible.:huh:

Not with you?

17 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Not with you?

No silly offers = any offer over £1 being silly, presumably. ;)

6 hours ago, azda said:

1/4 oz gold for +£1,600, did i read that correctly? Not my field of interest, seems like more of a bullion coin to me, i must be missing something🧐

14 bidders thought otherwise.

1 hour ago, Diaconis said:

1/4 oz gold for +£1,600, did i read that correctly? Not my field of interest, seems like more of a bullion coin to me, i must be missing something🧐

Its the proof, there is bullion versions in 1/4 and 1oz, but that price is phenomenal. They have been reducing the mintage on these, the first (Lion of England) i think was 2500, the latest one (The yale) is now at 1000 mintage, i think because their last 3 in the Queens beast series design have been weak, but this one certainly took off, sold out fairly quickly at the RM

Edited by azda

"private listing - bidder identity protected" my favorite part 

9 hours ago, Peter said:

14 bidders thought otherwise.

They did indeed Peter, and there was me thinking I'd caught a glimpse of the Emperor with no clothes. 

We live and learn, it must be very expensive to polish dies these days😉

4 hours ago, Diaconis said:

They did indeed Peter, and there was me thinking I'd caught a glimpse of the Emperor with no clothes. 

We live and learn, it must be very expensive to polish dies these days😉

I have noticed a lot of people buying these modern gold proofs and clambering to get pf70 ultra cameo, seems the be the holy grail of coin collecting at the minute, maybe that's part of it 

could think of a lot  better coins to but with 1600 notes 

13 hours ago, craigy said:

I have noticed a lot of people buying these modern gold proofs and clambering to get pf70 ultra cameo, seems the be the holy grail of coin collecting at the minute, maybe that's part of it 

Numistacker and his crew being the biggest culprits of this new form of greed, the man is a complete f...ing tool

As has been said many times before, there is no right or wrong way to collect. People might be a tad misguided in the opinion of others, but the decision to collect in the way they do is theirs and theirs alone.

I have no idea who numistacker is, but surely he is entitled to consider what constitutes a sensible price and to collect as he wishes? Just about every one of us believes in what he or she thinks and wants. Time alone will tell us whether it was the best decision in terms of 'return on investment', but then, not all are collecting to make money. I know I have overpaid in the past and will do so in the future, but I've also bought some things cheaply.

Only with divergent opinions on pricing is it possible for collectors to acquire as much material as they do, because a fixed price and regulated market would leave no scope for bargains, and nobody would bother dealing if it meant you couldn't buy cheap and sell dear. The fixed pricing would scare off those who collect speculatively because they happened to acquire something cheaply in the first place. The only good thing about a regulated fixed price market would be that it could then act as a place to deposit spare funds - but a bank account would do just as well.

Edited by Rob

On 7 March 2019 at 9:05 PM, Diaconis said:

I offered £5. That was not "silly" for a repro. Amazingly it was declined immediately.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, azda said:

Numistacker and his crew being the biggest culprits of this new form of greed, the man is a complete f...ing tool

I dont know who he is or why he has upset you Dave.

If he is just buying them and selling them for more , maybe the people who are buying them perhaps do not realise they are paying over the odds ?

As far as i am aware though he does not come on here so is not going to defend himself if he doesnt think he is doing anything wrong ☺️

54 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont know who he is or why he has upset you Dave.

If he is just buying them and selling them for more , maybe the people who are buying them perhaps do not realise they are paying over the odds ?

As far as i am aware though he does not come on here so is not going to defend himself if he doesnt think he is doing anything wrong ☺️

He is a guy who at one point just collected RM stuff, he also is a guy who is trying his hardest to be a bigshot in the collecting world and an influencer on Youtube, he is also a guy who is now an authorised NGC submitter and basically said that "the reason the UK coin trade is agains slabbing for one reason only, and that is reduces the opportunity for fraud" (his exact words) and IMO that was him touting for business. He basically takes submissions and throws them on YT for the world to see before he sends them off, then he does the same again when they come back. He overcharges the grading fees, pays in dollars to NGC and charges in £s from those who submits, the man is a leech of the highest order. He is a man who buys by grade holder numbers and not what's actually inside the slab.

He did one video at a coin fair in America where he had bought an 1821 Sov, got it show graded and didn't like the result, so broke it out and got it re-graded to find the same result came back, he's a slab number merchant, nothing more and thinks he's a know it all because he's telling people about the slab number and the coin inside.........

One recent video of his was touting the gold 50p set from the RM, telling everyone how good it was, saying it was going to mature in price and then had it up on eBay 2 days later for over 6k, he does it often with RM releases because he has bought a few of whatever the RM brings out and for all these reasons is the reason i dislike this guy.

Edited by azda

Here is the post i was referring to that he made on a bullion forum

Numistacker Quote on TSF - Coin Dealer Frauds.jpg

He does seem pretentious to say the least.

My objection to slabbing and TPGs has nothing to do with my wanting to deceive someone for personal gain. It's the other way around IMO.

I'm sure they would assign grades to grandmothers if there was a market for it.

"Mrs. Edna C. Dutton. b1931. XF45, cleaned, wrinkled, spotting, titanium hip"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I would have remained blissfully unaware of his existence without the previous posts. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

He does seem pretentious to say the least.

My objection to slabbing and TPGs has nothing to do with my wanting to deceive someone for personal gain. It's the other way around IMO.

I'm sure they would assign grades to grandmothers if there was a market for it.

"Mrs. Edna C. Dutton. b1931. XF45, cleaned, wrinkled, spotting, titanium hip"

He goes from RM shiny and new coins to thinking he is some bigshot in the numismatic world, funny thing is, he calls the british numismatic trade fraudsters then does a video with Steve Hill from sovereign rarities like he's his buddy, he also has some sort of deal going with a coin website called coin connection, he tells people how great they are because he has a connection with them, he's now slipped American style adverts in-between his YT video advertising their website, all they sell is overpriced RM stuff, they have the gold 50p set listed at nearly £7k and price gouge....His other job is in marketing, and he's marketing himself to the hilt

24 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

Mrs. Edna C. Dutton. b1931. XF45, cleaned, wrinkled, spotting, titanium hip"

As I work in elderly care I found this hilarious! I'm working this afternoon and I shall be grading my residents!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

I would have remained blissfully unaware of his existence without the previous posts. :rolleyes:

Had to laugh at this statement of the blindingly obvious from him:- 

There are more problem coins than non problem coins around and most dealers upgraded coins have a fair few problems. It seems more about the inability over auction sites like e bay to expose problem coins, our desire for a bargain when we buy coins etc

Well, no shit Sherlock ;)

With e bay you have to take personal responsibility for your own actions in those shark infested waters. It really is no use expecting anyone else to nursemaid you through, including e bay themselves who are not interested, and wouldn't have the expertise if they were.  

Using military grade search engines I was able to find this photograph of Numistacker on the dark web. Look out for him at your next gathering.Belial-Mask-Scary-380x240.jpg.ac4fd8164d3b1d5c82c4ba09a7c62a4b.jpg

25 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

Using military grade search engines I was able to find this photograph of Numistacker on the dark web. Look out for him at your next gathering.Belial-Mask-Scary-380x240.jpg.ac4fd8164d3b1d5c82c4ba09a7c62a4b.jpg

Where the Hell (!) did you get my sister's photograph???

• Haha 1