British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

1 hour ago, jelida said:

The real Royal Mint mistake here is to assume the population has any common sense whatsoever!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-Mistake-New-1-Penny/132934242203?hash=item1ef37f8f9b:g:cFsAAOSwXh9cUHo-

Jerry

😀 did you missed out the word "not"?

"Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class Letter." Even he knows it is junk

Well, the seller never replied to my message, but he has the grace to withdraw the item concerned

My message read as follows:-

New message to: johsm10

That's just a normal worn penny. There is no extra "m" in the obverse devices, and it reads as normal "DEI GRA BRITT" - so what are you on about?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, secret santa said:

The worst thing is the blatant polishing - the rather unnatural blue lighting only makes this more obvious!

12 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Looks like its been gone over with Mr Sheen, does anyone actually buy her coins? Or should i say, does anyone sane buy her coins?

Edited by azda

5 minutes ago, azda said:

Looks like its been gone over with Mr Sheen, does anyone actually buy her coins? Or should i say, does anyone sane buy her coins?

Luckily I am not allowed to bid, as she is accepting UK bids only! LOL...

Bob 

You must be seething. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Bob 

You must be seething. :unsure:

Sometimes you get lucky Peter! ....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

i purchased one of  her coins and put it up for sale again, she proceed to message me and gave me abuse about it for some reason?  never dealt with such a nutter on ebay 

12 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

i purchased one of  her coins and put it up for sale again, she proceed to message me and gave me abuse about it for some reason?  never dealt with such a nutter on ebay 

did you make a profit?

37 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

did you make a profit?

none at all, I mostly buy coins then sell them for about half that price so that someone can have a great day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rpeddie said:

Hide your bunny!!!!

2 hours ago, rpeddie said:

she proceed to message me and gave me abuse about it for some reason?  never dealt with such a nutter on ebay

I once mailed her to politely correct a listing and got the reply "Who do you think you are - Michael Freeman ?" Charming !!!!!!!!

Somebody ought to email her a link to this thread - might be amusing to see her reaction then!

I tried to help her out years ago when she first started- she claimed she was in a fix dealing with a collection of a dying partner.

I advised on various penny as to what they actually were- it was all very pleasant, and she was really thankful, and thenall of a sudden I have the most abusive emails I've ever had. When I politely pointed them out to her she was very apologetic and claimed that some guy in Norfolk had hacked her computer.....

Just now, blakeyboy said:

I tried to help her out years ago when she first started- she claimed she was in a fix dealing with a collection of a dying partner.

I advised on various penny as to what they actually were- it was all very pleasant, and she was really thankful, and thenall of a sudden I have the most abusive emails I've ever had. When I politely pointed them out to her she was very apologetic and claimed that some guy in Norfolk had hacked her computer.....

Normal for Norfolk or Suffolk? Peter might be able to shed light on that. ;)

• Like 1

IN A TIP TOP GRADE FOR AGE

I WOULD THINK IT WOULD DEFO BE A MS 62/63 OR AROUND 75/78 LCGS IF TO BE GRADED

OVER THE YEARS I HAVE LEARNT A LOT BOUT HOW TO GRADE & HAVE ENOUGH SLABS TO KNOW NOW ALL THE HIGH POINTS.

Oh Shelly..........laugh? I nearly did. 

17 hours ago, secret santa said:

I once mailed her to politely correct a listing and got the reply "Who do you think you are - Michael Freeman ?" Charming !!!!!!!!

Here is a negative feedback she received:

Negative feedback rating Beware. This seller sends abusive messages. Reported to ebay. Buyer: 
t***t ( 897Purple star icon for Feedback score between 500 to 999) 
During past 6 months Feedback conversation

• Follow up by t***t (18-Sep-18 18:36):
    Two further very abusive messages received today. Reported again.
    • Reply by shelly434722 (07-Oct-18 22:36):
      the buyer tried to rob me of some coins hes a lier

She also received two Neutral feedback responses!

3 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

That's pretty much identical to my experience with her.

Not 100% sure but I think I sold her the original coin in this thread

Luv From Dave

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Normal for Norfolk or Suffolk? Peter might be able to shed light on that. ;)

Definitely Norfolk coz im the only person whon can right in Suffix. 

• Like 1

Yep, Norfolk- apparently the guy who hacked her account was so pleased he went round high-sixing everyone...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1