British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

2 minutes ago, Sword said:

It's really surprising that he has managed to sell more than 3600 of these pennies. But I think the seller is being fair since he is only charging 99p including p+p. I guess most people don't care much about a quid these days.

The item I was commenting on has ended. 

If you click 'view original item' top right, you'll be able to see it.

1 minute ago, Michael-Roo said:

The item I was commenting on has ended. 

If you click 'view original item' top right, you'll be able to see it.

Oh, the 1933 penny from my grandmother thing ...

Let's hope he doesn't actually get any money for it or he would be tempted into a life of dishonesty on Ebay. This could be his first sale on Ebay according to his feedbacks.  

£133 or thereabouts seems rather expensive for the 1933 penny. The thing is I have seen them on ebay maybe three times. Where do these coins surface from and why are there not a lot more of them being touted. 

8 minutes ago, Coin#addict said:

£133 or thereabouts seems rather expensive for the 1933 penny. The thing is I have seen them on ebay maybe three times. Where do these coins surface from and why are there not a lot more of them being touted. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181007014527&SearchText=1933+penny

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Its Rare alright , would it be possible to find one in a worse condition.     :lol:

There is a worse  1865 !!! .   I think its got woodworm

1521286087_1865withwoodworm.thumb.jpg.76f0479f21591d3c7673a82ea7b4fc77.jpg

Edited by terrysoldpennies

At least he didn't claim that the "Z" is the mark of Zorro 😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sword said:

Oh, the 1933 penny from my grandmother thing ...

Let's hope he doesn't actually get any money for it or he would be tempted into a life of dishonesty on Ebay. This could be his first sale on Ebay according to his feedbacks.  

He's back...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mega-Rare-two-pence-Coin-found-in-change-I-thought-it-was-a-ten-p-coin/123410987161?hash=item1cbbde3899:g:dZ0AAOSw4Ulbuk9y

That 'treasure chest' is just awful,

"You’re George III coins are displayed a fabulous wooden sea chest, just like the Captain of the Admiral Gardner may have owned".

Talk about anachronisms. If the Captain of the Admiral Gardner had owned a chest like that, then along with inventing the cross head screw, Henry Phillips must have had access to a tardis. 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, 1949threepence said:

We did contribute a hell of a lot though, that cannot be denied. Especially in terms of intelligence from Bletchley Park, night bombing of German cities and in North Africa.

My father was stationed at Hall Place / Bletchley Park during the war.... Later transferred to occupied Germany... He had NO connection with the code breakers, just army stationed there... I think he said his ability to type put him in good standing.. I'll have to ask him again. .....

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that Hall Place has an exhibit of wartime memorabilia which includes my dad's library card, images, and other items...

21 minutes ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

My father was stationed at Hall Place / Bletchley Park during the war.... Later transferred to occupied Germany... He had NO connection with the code breakers, just army stationed there... I think he said his ability to type put him in good standing.. I'll have to ask him again. .....

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that Hall Place has an exhibit of wartime memorabilia which includes my dad's library card, images, and other items...

Indeed - I noticed your identical post on September 26th.

I would though take this opportunity to add that Bletchley Park is well worth a visit if anybody has the time. Also, you get a year pass, so can revisit free of charge as many times as you want in the following 12 months. 

Hall Place is in Bexley, Kent and is also well worth a visit link 

Codename Santa Fe: The Secret Wartime History of Hall Place explores how American soldiers stationed at Hall Place – code name Santa Fe – intercepted encoded messages sent by the Germans. GI veterans’ memories and declassified files reveal the importance of their round-the-clock, top-secret work, which helped defeat, the Nazis.

I did not intend to repost this, however the forum software loaded it and I could not get out of it without submitting it....

That being said, thank you for your support in commenting favorably....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

Normally I am reaching for a book to work out the obverses ,but out of all the TB obverses ,6 is probably the easiest to recognise (even in washers) with the B almost touching viccys head . 

22 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

Normally I am reaching for a book to work out the obverses ,but out of all the TB obverses ,6 is probably the easiest to recognise (even in washers) with the B almost touching viccys head . 

Exactly. .....

Simplest obverse to confirm or eliminate. ...

11 hours ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

I did not intend to repost this, however the forum software loaded it and I could not get out of it without submitting it....

That being said, thank you for your support in commenting favorably....

I used to have this problem - when I created a new post, the text of my previous one would always appear in the box. Sometimes I could select it and it would delete and on other occasions it would not. Often I would need to go to another computer to be rid of the problem on that occasion. The issue disappeared for me when I upgraded my laptop so it appears to be a compatibility problem. Frank

* Side note for techy parts: The new forum software will now give the option to clear the editor (I think your old post needs to be > 24 hours for this to show).

In the event that you do not get that option, simply refresh the page and that should clear it.
Either the Browser "refresh" button, or press CTRL+F5 (works in most browsers)

** Resume thread topic ... That's a nice hold with a penny around it!

21 minutes ago, bagerap said:

Spotted this on another forum, but it concerns an old friend of ours.

Not sure who's to blame here. Is the slab genuine?  Because the coin certainly isn't.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/232964403056/

The slab is genuine and the photos are identical to the ones obtainable on pcgs verification website.