British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

16 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

I just feel sorry for the buyer. :(

Let's just hope that the buyer has enough common sense to realise that if it was the mule, it would by now be in 4 figures and rising.

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

Let's just hope that the buyer has enough common sense to realise that if it was the mule, it would by now be in 4 figures and rising.

Indeed. It's actually a nice coin in itself.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ozzy1977 said:

Whats wrong with them?

Nothing wrong with them, just in that condition they are effectively scrap silver. Scrap on 200g of 50% silver is less than £40, so £65 for them is steep.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, secret santa said:

I've emailed him - it'll be interesting to see whether he pulls it !

He did !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, secret santa said:

He did !

:o Hell's bells! Wonders will never cease! 

Although the cynic in me might think that he was worried it might not make mule price.... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbadexample said:

:o Hell's bells! Wonders will never cease! 

Although the cynic in me might think that he was worried it might not make mule price.... :ph34r:

And the cynic in me wonders if he simply had an offer he felt he couldn’t refuse.........😬

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ukstu said:

Here you go Stu, from the same seller, even more tempting than the Chas farthing washer…..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giorgius-III-D-G-Rex-Coin-Date-Unknown/323418417482?hash=item4b4d3d694a:g:59kAAOSwfjdbVdKy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

Here you go Stu, from the same seller, even more tempting than the Chas farthing washer…..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giorgius-III-D-G-Rex-Coin-Date-Unknown/323418417482?hash=item4b4d3d694a:g:59kAAOSwfjdbVdKy

Holy crap! Am howling 😅

I have reported this same coin 4 times now over a 12 month period on 4 different listing. Fake Gold Double Eagle

Here he is again, same story its his grandpa's coin. I guess the good news is he is paying listing fees each time. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pcgs-Ms64-gold-coin-20/273438484483?hash=item3faa342803%3Ag%3A4EgAAOSwDxZbi-vN&LH_Auction=1

12 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Looks like one of Dave G,s. His feedback says it all. Crooked as a dogs hind leg! 

Careful. We have a very respected forum member who is "Dave G". Suggest you find another name for this one to avoid confusion?

13 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Careful. We have a very respected forum member who is "Dave G". Suggest you find another name for this one to avoid confusion?

I wasn't implying anything by mentioning him. What i meant is it looks like one of his strikes or a coin he's made (Dave G - Grunal Moneta). 

The ebay sellers the crook! (Whita natal)

Edited by Ukstu

6 hours ago, Ukstu said:

I wasn't implying anything by mentioning him. What i meant is it looks like one of his strikes or a coin he's made (Dave G - Grunal Moneta). 

The ebay sellers the crook! (Whita natal)

Ah - I understand now. (Your original wording was ambiguous!)

If he manages to get them all looking different colours he might just succeed in fooling a lot of people. That gun metal blues his trademark. Doesn't look like trading standards have moved on him.....Yet! Hopefully building a case. 

3 hours ago, jelida said:

George V 1933 Pennys.my grandmother said son only sell when times a tough.

Meanwhile his Dad said, "you're 'avin a larf my son" :lol:

• Haha 1

Grandmother was clearly a realistic, grounded person. Recognising that they were worth peanuts and that nobody in their right mind would buy them, I consider her very astute in giving advice that they should effectively be sold only when all other fund-raising options had failed. Last throw of the dice, so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1