British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

6 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

"Clash error"? There'll be a white riot down Hammersmith Palais if that sells, for sure.

It's incredible the rubbish they come up with to try and rip off the unsuspecting punter.

Edited by 1949threepence

And now sadly my little bubble has burst. China is now doing medals, well someone is. This one's laughable, but so were the Gothic Florins when  they first appeared.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victorian-medal-first-order-of-merit-1887-jubilee-bronze-medal-3-x-1-4/132717804593?hash=item1ee698fc31:g:CPYAAOSwZ~hbGOWN

On 7/30/2018 at 10:28 AM, Peckris 2 said:

"Clash error"? There'll be a white riot down Hammersmith Palais if that sells, for sure.

Only just got this Peck................Hat Off 😊

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, 1949threepence said:

here is my candidate for something really quite terrible 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-bad-condition-only-one-side-viewable/113182323855

• Haha 2

This one needs a long lesson in grading I think. This is the coin that attracted my attention but when you look at her others, she is consistently 2 or 3 grades out if not more. Grrr!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1932-GEORGE-V-SILVER-FLORIN-EF-SPINK-S4038-ESC-952-NICE-COIN-AND-RARE/352419988545?hash=item520dde4441:g:iC0AAOSw~AVYqTqj

5 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

Indeed, that's a really nice coin, Bob. The 1932 posted by Paddy is nowhere near EF+ as described by the seller. more like GF/NVF.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddy said:

This one needs a long lesson in grading I think. This is the coin that attracted my attention but when you look at her others, she is consistently 2 or 3 grades out if not more. Grrr!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1932-GEORGE-V-SILVER-FLORIN-EF-SPINK-S4038-ESC-952-NICE-COIN-AND-RARE/352419988545?hash=item520dde4441:g:iC0AAOSw~AVYqTqj

Paddy, we've been over this. On Ebay EF means Extra Flat - an accurate grade I think lol :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Ah yes - but that one is 1923 and it is 1932 I need to upgrade... 😊

I can't believe I didn't notice that! Ha,Ha...age must be catching up with me. 😂

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Messaged seller.

29 minutes ago, Paddy said:

It's been removed already.

It wasn't. The winning bid was £122 - link

Absolute blatant fake. 

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Absolute blatant fake. 

To be honest I don't have much sympathy for the buyer when it's that poor. :wacko:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Absolute blatant fake. 

It's not even a fake - it's a reproduction coin that doesn't even pretend to be a close approximation of the original. I note that "Guest's" link above now points to a similar 1909 halfcrown which IS properly described as a reproduction, though the description of "rare coin" is total BS.

10 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

It's not even a fake - it's a reproduction coin that doesn't even pretend to be a close approximation of the original. I note that "Guest's" link above now points to a similar 1909 halfcrown which IS properly described as a reproduction, though the description of "rare coin" is total BS.

Yeah, totally different sellers, I note. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Ukstu said:

I tried to contact the seller but got the message that the seller was unable to respond. Presumably overwhelmed with messages!

Frank

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hibernianscribe said:

I tried to contact the seller but got the message that the seller was unable to respond. Presumably overwhelmed with messages!

Frank

Hopefully it was because he was being detained at the pleasure of Her Majesty... 😉

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1911-KING-GEORGE-V-ONE-PENNY-1d-COIN-/283083061180

This is really niggling me - while the text of the seller is telling no lies, I feel there is certainly an element of deception here.