British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

ITEM

for someone that sells a lot of rare roman coins(check sold and current listings) this guy doesn't seem to have a clue /s.

(hint is most are fake and he hides behind "unresearched" which any time someone mentions it, 99% chance it is fake) 

Most worrying thing is his negative feedback doesn't reflect how many fakes he peddles and there must be hundreds of people out there with worthless junk

1 hour ago, rpeddie said:

ITEM

for someone that sells a lot of rare roman coins(check sold and current listings) this guy doesn't seem to have a clue /s.

(hint is most are fake and he hides behind "unresearched" which any time someone mentions it, 99% chance it is fake) 

Most worrying thing is his negative feedback doesn't reflect how many fakes he peddles and there must be hundreds of people out there with worthless junk

Don't forget if he is a premium seller all neg feedbacks are removed. He is on a win win with scambay

5 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Interestingly this link now takes you to a general search for Athelred Pennies - I think the listing has not just been ended, but the seller suspended too. He had a feedback of 0 so I think Ebay may have acted for once...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Interestingly this link now takes you to a general search for Athelred Pennies - I think the listing has not just been ended, but the seller suspended too. He had a feedback of 0 so I think Ebay may have acted for once...

I noticed this one from Stu too.

The seller hadn't even bothered to remove it from the manufacture's packaging. Prize twerp.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

I noticed this one from Stu too.

The seller hadn't even bothered to remove it from the manufacture's packaging. Prize twerp.

It even had a little R stamped in the upper left quadrant.  Bet a few hundred people reported it. 

Edited by Ukstu

3 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

It even had a little R stamped in the upper left quadrant.  Bet a few hundred people reported it. 

Yes I reported it as a fraudulent listing - so it seems if enough people do it we can have an effect.

Just need to sort out the "protected" fraudsters using Ebay Premium seller status to get away with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rpeddie said:

ITEM

He's extremely well known for peddling fakes. Mike Vosper has a few bandits listed on his home page as a warning , ace antiques is one of them. If you email details of rogue sellers to mike he will add more to his website.

56 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

He's extremely well known for peddling fakes. Mike Vosper has a few bandits listed on his home page as a warning , ace antiques is one of them. If you email details of rogue sellers to mike he will add more to his website.

I've been viewing some of the terracotta, clay, etc. antiquities. The thing which struck me is, no matter what the period or geographical region of origin, they all seem to have the exact same 'aged' look about them.

29 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

I've been viewing some of the terracotta, clay, etc. antiquities. The thing which struck me is, no matter what the period or geographical region of origin, they all seem to have the exact same 'aged' look about them.

You'd be surprised at how many antiquities are fake. It's worse than coins. I often see stone age stuff that's fresh with fake patina , the bronze age stuffs the same. You really need to be on the ball nowadays if your buying stuff on eBay, there's just as many crooks as geniune sellers. 

27 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

That's a £2 copper-nickel standard strike . All the Silver Proof ones I have seen are frosted. unless he put the wrong picture up. Seems a little high in rating to be pulling daft strokes like that.:o

What the hell is this? I have never seen anything like it :). One of the guys on FB has it. Must be a jeckyl?

1707o.jpg

1707r.jpg

Edited by zookeeperz
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

man thats fugly.

He says it's real. I said I thought it was nanny Mcphee:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Copper forgery. Presumably contemporary.

It is one thing not knowing every variety of english coinage but surely to god you should at least know what country a coin comes from?:lol:  . Just unacceptable!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MS-65-Red-PCGS-BU-1953-Great-Britain-Bronze-1-4-Penny-Unc-Uncirculated/222974628946

1 hour ago, zookeeperz said:

It is one thing not knowing every variety of english coinage but surely to god you should at least know what country a coin comes from?:lol:  . Just unacceptable!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MS-65-Red-PCGS-BU-1953-Great-Britain-Bronze-1-4-Penny-Unc-Uncirculated/222974628946

Somewhat unhelpfully, the seller notes that PCGS have only slabbed 4 at MS65RD (which obviously can't include this coin). Can't wait to get me one of those super duper British rarities - the 1953 QE2 1st issue farthing with the woodcock reverse. Actually, I have one, but it looks like Liz overindulged on a trip to the Guinness brewery. ;)

• Like 1

Probably worth about £8....less than the slabbing cost.