British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

2 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1896-Queen-Victoria-British-Sterling-Silver-Widow-Head-Shilling-Grade-Poor1-PO-1/173281168589

Bargain of the century !!! I am surprised it hasn't sold :lol: As always 10 points for effort 

I've been melting better than that for jewellery projects. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ukstu said:

I've been melting better than that for jewellery projects. 

I bet your jewellery projects are probably worth nearer his price tag than that piece of shit..

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREAT-BRITAIN-1826-1-4d-FARTHING-PCGS-MS63BN/273173774393  Shocking tbh I would of thought with that amount of damage to the edges they would of called it a details coin. I mean an innocuous edge knock is one thing but when it's been in the hands of a panel beater it's a stretch too much I think :)

I though LCGS were strict on grading but this lot hold the crown for now. I am glad it never came back to me graded F-15. Retribution would of been sought :)

These people have no business being in coin grading that is for sure. I guess an MS-70 they would grade  XF-45 with a note on the label saying "looked to good to be true" lols

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UK-Great-Britain-1862-Half-Penny-England/321968111252

Almost erased fodder :lol:

• Like 1

An Exaggerating Fool.

• Like 1

Absolutely Extremely F****d!

• Like 2

Lols catwiki just reported my Trust-Pilot review as breaching Policy "Using offensive and defamatory language " I totally disagree I never swore once :)

Truth hurts !! Bunch of crooks. you should read the stories. People still waiting for over a year to be paid .Sellers bidding on their own items to bump the price up. Just not on and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. I agree I may have used colourful descriptions to put over my point in the clearest terms but I don't see as I broke any rules. They did ,have done,and still do everything I said all I did was call them out and now they are QQ and reporting when they have no valid response to give. They should consider themselves fortunate I have not used their services and it gone wrong they would have something to QQ about then :lol:.

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

It's such a sharp strike Victoria is in shock and has somehow contracted alopecia . And half the flag is missing :lol:. I find it funny that they can recognise an unknown variety but cannot even identify already known ones. :)

9 hours ago, declan03 said:

I'm no expert on these but it looks like ESC1488 - second bust with re-engraved hair.

Mind you - this seller seems very popular: of his 24 items for sale that include very ordinary and some mediocre, he has bids for each one - remarkable!

Frank

Edited by hibernianscribe

1 hour ago, hibernianscribe said:

I'm no expert on these but it looks like ESC1488 - second bust with re-engraved hair.

Mind you - this seller seems very popular: of his 24 items for sale that include very ordinary and some mediocre, he has bids for each one - remarkable!

Frank

I hadn't noticed the seller ID before - I know him personally and he is a very genuine and reliable seller - Philip Lloyd in Dorchester. He has been on Ebay for maybe 20 years and regularly sells good stuff. He has built up a huge number of regular buyers who check everything he lists and trust him completely - with good reason. If he is selling it, it will be right and if it is ever wrong he will fall over himself to sort it out for you. He used to post occasionally on here I think but I have not seen him for a few years.

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

I hadn't noticed the seller ID before - I know him personally and he is a very genuine and reliable seller - Philip Lloyd in Dorchester. He has been on Ebay for maybe 20 years and regularly sells good stuff. He has built up a huge number of regular buyers who check everything he lists and trust him completely - with good reason. If he is selling it, it will be right and if it is ever wrong he will fall over himself to sort it out for you. He used to post occasionally on here I think but I have not seen him for a few years.

Thanks for that - point taken!

Bearing in mind nobody is beyond being caught out by coins such are the quality of modern day forgeries. I have a few concerns that may just be photographic discrepancies but here goes. Notice the stops they are all perfectly circular something I don't think I have seen on older coins. The hair curl at the top the teardrop curl itself is much smaller inside . The hair behind the head is much closer to the R and I just don't like the hair it looks lifeless. As I said it could just be photographic anomalies but Something don't sit right with me.

1710a-tile.jpg

Edited by zookeeperz

It has certainly not got the sharpness to the lettering and the eye looks wrong too. All in all it looks rather flat compared to the coin on the left.

I,ve bought from this guy in the past and never had any problems. But I would pass on this coin.

I am sure he would be happy if you messaged him with your concerns - I know he would far rather pull a coin than sell something not right.

Looks fine to me, can’t blame the coin for the blurry photo.

Jerry