British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

I reported that last week just goes to show ebay does nothing as usual. 

9 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

I reported that last week just goes to show ebay does nothing as usual. 

I did as well, eBay running true to form!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, declan03 said:

The one time we have had a listing removed recently was the duplicate Gold 1937 coin. When I reported this I used the "fraudulent listing" option rather than the "restricted items" route. When it is clear that the seller knows he is selling a scam I suggest we use that one - it may get more attention from Ebay.

• Like 2

Good point Paddy

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Choice-Hole-Surrounded-by-Choice-1874-H-Half-Penny-See-Notes-Victoria-British/332617694897  made me smile  the hole truth and nothing but the hole truth. Pays to have a good sense of humour when selling stuff on the bay. Great sales pitch too boot lol :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

The one time we have had a listing removed recently was the duplicate Gold 1937 coin. When I reported this I used the "fraudulent listing" option rather than the "restricted items" route. When it is clear that the seller knows he is selling a scam I suggest we use that one - it may get more attention from Ebay.

That's how I always report - fraudulent as in a copy / replica not described as such in the listing.

• Like 2

I think it's just a byproduct of a quite appalling photograph. Double image, blur - if you're really interested ask the seller for a decent picture.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, Paddy said:

I think the only reason that was pulled was due to the genuine seller being informed, & he complained. Could be wrong though...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, declan03 said:

No - looks, even to me, like a badly cast copy. Someone just wasted £31 I fear.

23 minutes ago, Paddy said:

No - looks, even to me, like a badly cast copy. Someone just wasted £31 I fear.

wait till they look at the edge it will be milled . chargeback coming I sense :)

1 minute ago, zookeeperz said:

wait till they look at the edge it will be milled . chargeback coming I sense :)

If the buyer knows what they are looking at at all. I suspect many of these dodgy sellers get away with it most of the time because of the inexperience of the buyers.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, hibernianscribe said:

Reported!

It's been pulled so something worked!

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

It's been pulled so something worked!

I sent the seller a message.

Frank 

• Like 1

Just now, hibernianscribe said:

I sent the seller a message.

Frank 

That does seem to work better - at least when the seller is genuine but inexperienced. If it doesn't work we know he is a con-man!

This looks like a replica being passed as genuine. Any ideas?  A fraudulent listing ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Queen-Victoria-Half-Crown-1-2-1900-Good-Condition/362302356594?hash=item545ae73c72:g:-vkAAOSwLLZa31sV

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

That does seem to work better - at least when the seller is genuine but inexperienced. If it doesn't work we know he is a con-man!

Yes I agree, I always send a message unless of course it's a known, habitual fraudster.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ozjohn said:

This looks like a replica being passed as genuine. Any ideas?  A fraudulent listing ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Queen-Victoria-Half-Crown-1-2-1900-Good-Condition/362302356594?hash=item545ae73c72:g:-vkAAOSwLLZa31sV

I wonder what he means by "the photographs are for illustration purposes only". That's a pretty obvious statement!

Perhaps he's hinting that you don't necessarily get what's in the picture.

Anyway, reported.

Frank

Edited by hibernianscribe

100% out of a xmas cracker. Garbage!!! :o:angry:

2 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1896-Queen-Victoria-British-Sterling-Silver-Widow-Head-Shilling-Grade-Poor1-PO-1/173281168589

Bargain of the century !!! I am surprised it hasn't sold :lol: As always 10 points for effort 

It's too good for a PO1 designation. If it was a PO1, it for some reason becomes very collectable. There are people who strive for ever greater depths, and I don't mean divers.

• Like 1