British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

13 hours ago, jelida said:

Lmao even flshbang to disguise it . Failed still see its a modern repro . Just think he should be reported for not saying so. Misleading headline 1881 penny , It is not it is a fantasy coin. :)

reported

Edited by zookeeperz

Todays eBay sellers has Balls. Just no brains. The exact coin is for sale, he has just copied the exact pictures and listed as if he owns it. The mind boggles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-King-George-VI-Great-Britain-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-PCGS-PR67/263615575945?hash=item3d60b67789:g:7T0AAOSwBgVa1vIT

Below is the correct listing 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-King-George-VI-Great-Britain-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-PCGS-PR67/162990311360?hash=item25f2fac7c0:g:Sy0AAOSw8LBay89M

27 minutes ago, markflorida said:

Todays eBay sellers has Balls. Just no brains. The exact coin is for sale, he has just copied the exact pictures and listed as if he owns it. The mind boggles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-King-George-VI-Great-Britain-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-PCGS-PR67/263615575945?hash=item3d60b67789:g:7T0AAOSwBgVa1vIT

Below is the correct listing 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-King-George-VI-Great-Britain-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-PCGS-PR67/162990311360?hash=item25f2fac7c0:g:Sy0AAOSw8LBay89M

I would think it incumbent on the rightful seller to 'kick-up' with eBay about this.

Frank

Forget the rightful seller its the other bastard....... he is just bang out of order robbing low life prick :angry:

Unfortunately someone is going to be buying an empty envelope.

Well spotted Mark.

27 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Forget the rightful seller its the other bastard....... he is just bang out of order robbing low life prick :angry:

Unfortunately someone is going to be buying an empty envelope.

Well spotted Mark.

While I agree with your sentiment albeit somewhat forthright, I disagree "to forget the rightful seller". The point I was making is that the 'rightful seller' is probably the only person that eBay will listen to, and even that is doubtful if they run 'true-to-form'!

Frank

Edited by hibernianscribe

I have reported to Ebay as a Fraudulent sale and also messaged the genuine seller to let him know what is going on. I hope he takes action and that may resolve the problem.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I have reported to Ebay as a Fraudulent sale and also messaged the genuine seller to let him know what is going on. I hope he takes action and that may resolve the problem.

Well done Paddy it's been taken down....record time too!!!

• Like 2

Hat off Paddy ;)

Something like that ebay should not just take it off they should just close all the account :angry:

Good stuff. Always nice to see one get pulled. 

Not coin related but still fraud. This guy thinks he's the new billy and charley (but he's crap at it) 😃

I've been watching him for months now knocking out terrible supposed ancient artifacts. Looks like he's making them in tin/ pewter. 

Feel free to report his "finds"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/skali00/m.html?item=183184663032

Edited by Ukstu

3 hours ago, will1976 said:

Well done Paddy it's been taken down....record time too!!!

Just had a polite thank you note from the genuine seller, which is kind of him.

• Like 5

I have never seen anything quite that knackered, what do we think - fire damage?

1 hour ago, secret santa said:

Isn't that the very rare molten lava finish? :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Australia-1-Penny-1934-EF-AU-KM-23-1P-George-V-Melbourne-Rare-Higher-Grade/351134489055   This is what ticks me off . Now you would think by the 15k 99% rating and the professional name these guys would be beyond reproach but again with this grading guide and yes each of us has our own interpretation of grades but I would 100% say we would all be within 1/2 a grade of each other. This bozo thinks this coin is EF/AU  . Not even mentioning the scalectrix track running around the surface. That coin should be body bagged I doubt it would make VF details? Twonks like this give the good guys a real bad name and make selling increasingly difficult. Not impressed :(

:angry:

Richard

Seems also to have had that magic toning treatment discussed in another thread. Yuck!

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Of course it's real - it's the ultra rare "1881 with beaded border". :lol: