British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Cheers guys. The seller accepts returns so I will get in touch with him. Quite possible that he missed it too.

With marks at 3 and 9 o'clock, I would say ex brooch mount. 

id personally steer clear of that one :)

what about these 2?

1 and 2

my thoughts are either a fake slab(think they have LCGS as the name these days on the slab)? or lcgs have stooped even lower and slabbed this post mint error as legitimate.

the more i look, the slabs look legitimate and i cant believe this gets past their "experts" 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

id personally steer clear of that one :)

what about these 2?

1 and 2

my thoughts are either a fake slab(think they have LCGS as the name these days on the slab)? or lcgs have stooped even lower and slabbed this post mint error as legitimate.

the more i look, the slabs look legitimate and i cant believe this gets past their "experts" 

Both the coins are on the site :)

I just want to double check that I'm not being ridiculous in saying that these should end up nowhere near a slab and being "guaranteed as authentic"?

Edited by rpeddie

54 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

I just want to double check that I'm not being ridiculous in saying that these should end up nowhere near a slab and being "guaranteed as authentic"?

Even the seller is calling the coins "possible" mint errors despite authentication  by LCGS

Look at his other "possible" mint errors. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gleskee0/m.html?item=152911895884&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Not certain if LCGS still guarantee to repay full market values for the fakes they slab. If they do and the coins are proven fakes, the compensation could be just ... £1 each. 

• Like 1

Amazing how one person accumulates so many rare errors. He needs a bloody good slap to be honest. The fact that he's managed to get some slabbed is astonishing, and really doesn't look good for LCGS.

Tell the terwat that 99.99999% of the world CGAF.

Almost fooled me but not quite clever lil devil me thinks  Must remember to tell the chinese it's DEF not DED ? looks wrong to me

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13-Shillings-Silver-Coins-1871-1905-15-16-19-21-23-26-28-29/312061102167?hash=item48a84a8857

It looks to me like an F Zookeeper. 

3 hours ago, declan03 said:

It looks to me like an F Zookeeper. 

Yes i looked at the other pics after I posted . On the headliner it looks so much like DED but it also looks like its been cleaned with a brillo pad sadly

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 9:39 PM, HistoricCoinage said:

He has now added "it's a copy" in the description. Nevertheless, it is still not good enough in my view as he is calling it a "Silver" Coin Elizabeth 1st Sixpence 1562 AD in the title and left the price unchanged. 

1 hour ago, Sword said:

He has now added "it's a copy" in the description. Nevertheless, it is still not good enough in my view as he is calling it a "Silver" Coin Elizabeth 1st Sixpence 1562 AD in the title and left the price unchanged. 

Most non-coinies call anything cupro-nickel, silver. He might have been told it is a copy, but unless the informer told him it wasn't silver, he may be none the wiser. The chances are he didn't buy it originally.

Edited by Rob

On 20/02/2018 at 0:10 AM, Rob said:

Most non-coinies call anything cupro-nickel, silver. He might have been told it is a copy, but unless the informer told him it wasn't silver, he may be none the wiser. The chances are he didn't buy it originally.

I have sympathy with collectors being caught out by genuinely good copies but, in all honesty, if someone gets caught by these primitive pewter copies I personally feel they should be zipping up their bank accounts and finding out just a little bit about the basics first.

If someone turned up at the stock exchange and chucked £50 on a wild card, knowing nothing about stocks and shares, we’d most definitely call him a fool!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Coinery said:

If someone turned up at the stock exchange and chucked £50 on a wild card, knowing nothing about stocks and shares, we’d most definitely call him a fool!

I resemble that remark!!

20 hours ago, Coinery said:

I have sympathy with collectors being caught out by genuinely good copies but, in all honesty, if someone gets caught by these primitive pewter copies I personally feel they should be zipping up their bank accounts and finding out just a little bit about the basics first.

I agree that no sensible collector can possibly be fooled. It's more likely to trap a non-coinie wanting to buy a present for someone.

38 minutes ago, Sword said:

I agree that no sensible collector can possibly be fooled. It's more likely to trap a non-coinie wanting to buy a present for someone.

But in all reality would someone who knew nothing about coins be doing that?

I’m just trying to suggest that if someone’s knowledge of E1’s milled issue is so poor that they’d be fooled by a primitive  pewter copy like that, then the saying stands that a fool and his money...

Now if someone bought ‘this’ Elizabeth milled counterfeit I’d have every sympathy, because it’s easily done! 

51B7917A-399F-41C1-AC1A-E6DDA7E3010F.jpeg

Edited by Coinery

11 hours ago, Ukstu said:

The following line underneath the description of the last item tells you all you need to know about this seller and his 'finds':

Any rude insulting messages will not be tolerated or answered, but will be reported to eBay.

Clearly, he gets plenty of 'advice' about the validity of his items for sale and doesn't take kindly to his 'honesty' being questioned.

• Like 2

Cleaned,polished gaming token sums this seller up.He is a wrong un.

18 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Must be the third one field_walkers sold this year so far. 

Beats me how this crook keeps his 100% record. 

• Like 1