British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

19 minutes ago, Jester said:

Ha!  Why can't individuals get in on the fun?  NGC and PCGS, you're on notice...there's a new kid on the block.  The slabs can be purchased on eBay and the label looks like it was done on a home printer...sad.  You know I enjoy TPG coins but even this makes me shake my head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Isle-of-Man-Farthing-1839-AU-KM-12/142550029480?hash=item2130a4d4a8:g:lnoAAOSwySRZ0sj4

Too bad if we in the UK wanted to buy any of his items. Says he doesn't ship to the United KIngdom.  

Guest aaa
3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Too bad if we in the UK wanted to buy any of his items. Says he doesn't ship to the United KIngdom.  

Relax, be happy. NNC slabs are the DIY encapsulated pieces done by 'Centisles' if I remember correctly. Every obstacle to potentially purchasing his ludicrously overgraded slabs should be welcomed with open arms.

46 minutes ago, Guest aaa said:

Relax, be happy. NNC slabs are the DIY encapsulated pieces done by 'Centisles' if I remember correctly. Every obstacle to potentially purchasing his ludicrously overgraded slabs should be welcomed with open arms.

You are right about  'Centisles'. He has been the topic of conversation on this Forum many times. Stay away...he is bad medicine! :wacko:

On Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 11:26 AM, 1949threepence said:

Pareidolia is the phenemenon of seeing an image of something, from an otherwise completely random arrangement. For example seeing faces in clouds.

Here is an example of pareidolia in wood. You can see a dog's face, ears and front legs, which has been created unintentionally by the random arrangement of the grain. Incidentally, the Welsh for pareidoila is also pareidolia.

Some religious people think they've seen Jesus Christ !!!   

Dog_on_closet_door_by_Chad_Johns_on_FB-e

Now that you mention....we just had a new bathroom door fitted...

This guy needs to invest some of his money in a new camera. Surprised he sells anything judging by his images. His feedbacks a chuckle. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battle-of-Hastings-Commemerative-coin-metal-detecting-finds/292316497177

Edited by Ukstu

28 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

This guy needs to invest some of his money in a new camera. Surprised he sells anything judging by his images. His feedbacks a chuckle. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battle-of-Hastings-Commemerative-coin-metal-detecting-finds/292316497177

This is a very strange metal-detecting find - and they're in a folder as well!

• Like 1

1. ....Maybe he thought it was from the battle of Hastings when he dug it up. ??????
  • Like 1

Everything he sells is a metal detecting find. He's still trying to flog that pencil drawing of Michael Owen which he dug up! ?

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

And some of the category's his listing them in ?!?!?! :blink:

2 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Ill put my head on the chopping block here and  say its a jeckle . My reason is like all jeckles nowhere on that coin is there any deviation in wear. it is uniform ro the point of being identical on every part. Wear just isn't like that. Could be a trick of the light and being photographed through perspex but I certainly wouldn't touch it without provenance 

Will the real kew please stand up. Which one of these is real. both being sold on the bay? The RH Kew has sold 2/10 @ £139 a pop

kew1-horz.jpg

Edited by zookeeperz

Sell copies by all means and say that they are  but please leave this nonsense out  with this kind of deception its pure fraud

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/genuine-kew-Gardens-50p-coin-in-beautiful-condition/172961239552

Yes, i,ve even seen them described as genuine silver proof copies...really??  I,ve reported the perpetrator. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zookeeperz said:

Will the real kew please stand up. Which one of these is real. both being sold on the bay? The RH Kew has sold 2/10 @ £139 a pop

kew1-horz.jpg

The one on the right looks ok to me. The other one, not so much. 

Cannot believe the blighter has had bids up to £78 already for it with 6 days to go.

Edited by declan03
spelling error

I would say the one on the right too. I find the easiest way of distinguishing them is to make sure the nape of the neck is pointing to the centre of the P. And off course asking the seller if it weighs 8 grams. 

42 minutes ago, declan03 said:

I would say the one on the right too. I find the easiest way of distinguishing them is to make sure the nape of the neck is pointing to the centre of the P. And off course asking the seller if it weighs 8 grams. 

Strange the guy that is selling the other fakes the coin on the right doesn't show an obverse on his sale. Yeah I think I know for what reason . I reported the first guy for fraudulent  listing practices. Although the correct terminology for what you want to report isn't in the sub menu's. I wonder why? Ebay know there are fakes why isn't this in the report boxes.?Like "Do you believe an item to be suspicious or a fake". Not the one I had to choose "Seller is selling somebody else's goods" . No option to choose anything else. Incidentally  this has really annoyed me this guy has sold 751 fake kews @ £119.Read what he guarantees about his coins it is laughable . Never a front picture of the queen and all stock pics are lifted from other websites

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Various-Rare-Commemorative-Coin-Hunt-50p-2-Kew-Gardens-WWF-Olympics-Beatrix/222532435246

Edited by zookeeperz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

Although the correct terminology for what you want to report isn't in the sub menu's.

Report item >> Prohibited and restricted items >> Stamps, currency and coins >> Replica coins, replica paper money, and replica stamps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Report item >> Prohibited and restricted items >> Stamps, currency and coins >> Replica coins, replica paper money, and replica stamps

I missed that bit but they might be selling someone else's goods :D I had a premonition lol

11 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

I missed that bit but they might be selling someone else's goods :D I had a premonition lol

I am quite familiar with the procedure. ;)

2 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

What you guys think. I am not sure of this one bit. Looks like a cast job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1900-Queen-Victoria-Silver-Crown-LXIV/112628995834

Just cleaned and a bit horrible for me.