British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

1 minute ago, argentumandcoins said:

57000 sales equates to a massive amount of fees for ebay. Disgrace? Yes. Surprise? No.

you hit the nail on the head :ph34r:

That oxfam sale i posted a few days ago. the vendor contacted me and even after I explained about New and two penny coins. He said  "well I was going by ebay prices some are over £200 I just went in with a reasonable figure"  £21 for a 1971 or 81 I forget which reasonable? lols. I should of said check the sold button and look. But then again some poor sod probably got conned out of his hard earned. So it seems now charity shops have joined the rogue element of coin selling. What next the church? lol

You will enjoy this. I got so fed up with seeing New £1 error misprint 2017 dated with wrong date 2016 I had to contact a few of the sellers and politely educate them some of the replies made me laugh. Did this guy contradict himself by saying he is not a scammer?

What a lovely person you are! This advert was created when on the day of the release when I got 10 of them, I read only a few days prior that a "few" (200,000) coins had be "misprinted" with the date 2016, as it was released a while ago yes it turns out the media was wrong there are millions of these however does that make me a scammer, it's an advert, you don't have to buy!
As your the only busy body to "report" the add I highly doubt eBay will be bothered.
Forgot The ad was there!

Bet your glad you wasted your time letting me know! Spent 7 off them and sold 3 for £150 each you ain t burst no bubble ?

YOU:

Not rare not misprinted. All were dated 2016 just the release date was in 2017. Sorry to burst the bubble

If he knew and he did that the information was wrong yet he still selling the coin @ £150 I think scammer befits his title

I kept the most colourful parts of the convo out as there could be young eyes reading lol

I am amazed I typed in £1 error in the listings and was returned 41,965 hits. I think that says it all about ebay policing policy. I'll take the 965 as a realistic figure

3 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

You will enjoy this. I got so fed up with seeing New £1 error misprint 2017 dated with wrong date 2016 I had to contact a few of the sellers and politely educate them some of the replies made me laugh. Did this guy contradict himself by saying he is not a scammer?

What a lovely person you are! This advert was created when on the day of the release when I got 10 of them, I read only a few days prior that a "few" (200,000) coins had be "misprinted" with the date 2016, as it was released a while ago yes it turns out the media was wrong there are millions of these however does that make me a scammer, it's an advert, you don't have to buy!
As your the only busy body to "report" the add I highly doubt eBay will be bothered.
Forgot The ad was there!

Bet your glad you wasted your time letting me know! Spent 7 off them and sold 3 for £150 each you ain t burst no bubble ?

YOU:

Not rare not misprinted. All were dated 2016 just the release date was in 2017. Sorry to burst the bubble

If he knew and he did that the information was wrong yet he still selling the coin @ £150 I think scammer befits his title

I kept the most colourful parts of the convo out as there could be young eyes reading lol

But surely, even somebody with just half a brain would have already noted an even number each of 2016 and 2017 new pound coins handed to them - including the seller, either an idiot himself, or a scammer playing on the idiocy of others !!! 

I despair of the utter, staggering stupidity of some in our midst.

They don't sell though. Looking at the sold listings most "error" £1s go for a couple of quid + postage.

This one made me laugh though. You can hardly see the join. :lol:

4 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

They don't sell though. Looking at the sold listings most "error" £1s go for a couple of quid + postage.

This one made me laugh though. You can hardly see the join. :lol:

Even he has 160 sales . I know its small but how on earth can he retain 100% seriously. Pulling stunts like that lols

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

But surely, even somebody with just half a brain would have already noted an even number each of 2016 and 2017 new pound coins handed to them - including the seller, either an idiot himself, or a scammer playing on the idiocy of others !!! 

I despair of the utter, staggering stupidity of some in our midst.

one of his many retorts he did say "How am I a scammer I advertised a 2016 £1 coin and that is what the buyer receives" So I said " So what about the part stating misprint error wrong date should be 2017"? "you'll be hearing a knock on the door my friend 3 angry buyers claiming their money back for you misleading them with your advert".  "your bubble's gonna burst lmao". Thats when he replied with the comments above. What a tool 

The thing is though, 'jospereir' has a few of the double sided ones available. Chances of receiving 3 in change is somewhere south of zero, so he's making them, and that is a criminal act. I'd be tempted to say he also made the one with three missing bits - perish the thought.

For what it is worth, I'm just finishing off an article for Coin News on the new pound coin, in which I have analysed a sample of the new coins for varieties, but I also go through all the 'varieties' that have been appearing on eBay. It should be with Mr Mussell shortly, after which its up to him when it appears in print. The 'error' shown here is one of the types I mention, but there are myriads of others.

most of these £1 errors are hand done.. really wish Ebay would get rid of the thousands of 50p £1 and £2 coins listings... just clutter

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scott said:

most of these £1 errors are hand done.. really wish Ebay would get rid of the thousands of 50p £1 and £2 coins listings... just clutter

Until you are looking for one.......... coz you sure aren't going to find most of them in your change when you need one.

I concur regarding the first bit though.

Edited by Rob

2 minutes ago, scott said:

well yea, but most are just generic rubbish ones, and there would be more in change if everyone and their dog wasn't selling them on flipping ebay

oh and.. seriously?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/George-111-Gold-coin-half-guinea-22ct-gold-4-4-grams-scrap-/302486668497?hash=item466d9c44d1:g:rjkAAOSw161Z4K~N

Got to get me one of those. I don't have a disgracefully worn base metal counterfeit shilling weighing 4.4g. If it was gold and scrap, anybody should realise that the best way you realise value is to sell it to a bullion dealer. Nobody would bid over the odds for scrap on eBay, or at least they shouldn't do if they had any sense.

10 hours ago, Rob said:

I don't have a disgracefully worn base metal counterfeit shilling weighing 4.4g.

Call yourself a collector, eh? :rolleyes:

Someone's going to be upset with that one.

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Someone's going to be upset with that one.

To be honest, I kinda hope so.  That sort of stupidity deserves a reward of some kind ....  :unsure:

Hard to have much sympathy, isn't it?

So somebody has taken the gold description at face value and paid about scrap for it. I echo TG's comment.

I think he should've stopped typing after "I know very little about this coin".

Anyway, must dash - I need to go and post about £9,000 worth of Georgian and Victorian "Worn 22ct coins" on fleabay :)

To be fair, IF the buyer realises what he has bought is not as described, s/he should be able to get a refund via eBay dispute. It is mis-described. 

On 05/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, Ukstu said:

Yes I noticed the "good con". The " edward 1-111 style coin " also worried me! But I took a punt on this because the seller was rarely selling coins. See other thread 

10 minutes ago, HistoricCoinage said:

Very skillful chap he cleaned them up well you wouldn't know they were dug up lols:P