British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

?

3 hours ago, hibernianscribe said:

While I think the seller is a grade one rip-off merchant I must say that if the buyer ignored the warning signs in the description given then more fool them! Mind you, it could have been a calculated gamble. Whatever, the seller has offloaded this rubbish and because of his success no doubt he'll do it again!

He will indeed. When he listed his first two and he had in the listing he'd found a bag full in his garden i knew then he was lining the way to frequently offload them. I am hoping he gets a neg on his feedback off this last sale. He's a real prize prick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigy said:

Mind boggling!!

Mind you, if you can't afford the thousand. don't be disappointed cos you can always buy a 1971 new penny for a hundred quid from the same seller. This guy is full of bargains!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1p-New-Penny-1971-Very-Rare-/292203415948?hash=item4408ae498c:g:NLIAAOSwXY5ZW8sQ

Edited by hibernianscribe

I've been away and so missed the dodgy "novelty" victorian pennies. I'm pretty much convinced that they all originate from a Russian seller on ebay. I managed to have him taken down for a few months but he's up again and still listing dangerously good copies.

• Like 1

16 views in the last hour. .......really!!! ?

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

16 views in the last hour. .......really!!! ?

All from this forum I guess.

The seconds a monster ?

On 15 August 2017 at 6:16 PM, hibernianscribe said:

Mind boggling!!

Mind you, if you can't afford the thousand. don't be disappointed cos you can always buy a 1971 new penny for a hundred quid from the same seller. This guy is full of bargains!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1p-New-Penny-1971-Very-Rare-/292203415948?hash=item4408ae498c:g:NLIAAOSwXY5ZW8sQ

"Very Rare 1971 1p New Penny. Two sold together" 

Only two?? :o

Oh gosh!! Blonde moment ????!!!

1 hour ago, declan03 said:

Oh gosh!! Blonde moment ????!!!

The link you want, Declan can be found here  

• Like 1

Cheers buddy, thats the ones. Pretty steep at that price considering you can pick them up on BINS for £74 each. Although at the rate these coins seem to rise at, they could be a good investment. I remember only a couple of years ago buying these for £25 -£30 and thinking that was expensive. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Cheers buddy, thats the ones. Pretty steep at that price considering you can pick them up on BINS for £74 each. Although at the rate these coins seem to rise at, they could be a good investment. I remember only a couple of years ago buying these for £25 -£30 and thinking that was expensive. 

I'm not the smartest bear or even a collector of post 1971 tat :ph34r:. But I picked one up back in the day for £3...BU and with potential.The design is unique. I haven't looked at it for years...I like it that much.

• Like 2

cant be doing with all the 50ps either, don't need 5+ designs a year.

post 1971 tat? my 1972 proof set disagrees.

• Like 1