British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

10 hours ago, Ukstu said:

I reported it to ebay and emailed him back after the CNGAF response. His response was I will find you lets see if you talk to me like that face to face. 

He's lucky i didn't report him to the police as well the scumbag.

Maybe ignorant, but what does CNGAF mean?

3 hours ago, azda said:

Maybe ignorant, but what does CNGAF mean?

My guess would be: 'could not give a f**k'.

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Thanks Jerry. I didn't realise it was the same guy. He's obviously since damaged the coin to cover up the WRL stamp so he could again attempt to try and sell it on. 

What a low life eh!  

Supposedly a coin dealer judging by his ebay user name , crook more like it. He needs blacklisting. 

You won't find any genuine dealers passing on coins that have previously been identified as copies, notwithstanding the permanent risk of a good one getting through. Dealers also tend not to list coins as unidentified. Particularly coins that verge on the iconic - this being the very first groat.

• Like 2

I know. I did some background checking on him seeing as he threatened me. His names Paul Anderson. He seems to have been trading under the names of Romeos Romans & Octavian Coins which is a company based in Redditch Worchester. I've got his home adddress ' business address & phone numbers in case he trys to find me. Fancies himself as a marathon runner according to his facebook. 

Why he'd ruin his reputation in numistimatics circles for a couple of hundred quid flogging a fake coin is beyond me.  Hard times! 

Edited by Ukstu

2 hours ago, Ukstu said:

I know. I did some background checking on him seeing as he threatened me. His names Paul Anderson. He seems to have been trading under the names of Romeos Romans & Octavian Coins which is a company based in Redditch Worchester. I've got his home adddress ' business address & phone numbers in case he trys to find me. Fancies himself as a marathon runner according to his facebook. 

Why he'd ruin his reputation in numistimatics circles for a couple of hundred quid flogging a fake coin is beyond me.  Hard times! 

Same guy?

https://octaviancoins.wordpress.com/about/

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

Yeah that's him. Neither of his websites are active. 

Octavian coins is or was trading from this address :

14 kingfisher walk
Redditch, B97 7PX. 

Edited by Ukstu

That's a dodgy address. Kingfisher walk is in the King Fisher shopping centre and there are no dealers in there. B97 is Redditch but that postcode is dodgy.

So if that's dodgy then so is he lol. According to his Facebook he's worked for Jessops as well. He's got something to do with Redditch football club or the academy at there. He's got a Facebook page under Octavian coins also. 

Sounds like a bit of a walter mitty character.  

Am actually getting a little concerned over this character now. His facebook page doesn't tie up with Octavian Coins facebook page. I cannot picture that guy being behind Octavian coins facebook page. The Octavian coins facebook page has alot of foreign people as friends where as this Paul Anderson guy doesn't look like he'd know all those people also i cannot find a link between the two on FB.  

Well dodgy this. Its looking like some kind of ID theft or scam. 

Another  gem.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1905-1-2-half-Crown-Rare-Coin-2-6-king-edward-VII-commemorative-issue-esc-750-/152589663252?hash=item23870d7c14:g:a98AAOSwbiFZRWLY I suppose the seller says it's a repro and I don't think it would fool anyone but it's a fake and not marked as such.

He shouldn't really say ESC 750 because it isn't - that applies to the genuine article. cf ESC 750 with a clear indication that it is a copy would be more appropriate.

"retaining much originality"...

Er, what, exactly?

• Like 1

They are 'dating back to 1971' though. Surely, anything so old MUST be rare…..

• Like 1

Although I see his shiny one ounce gold bar already has eight bids and has reached £10.50 :D

I think the Furby offers the best collectability/investment potential. At £14.99, a relatively high value piece.