British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

got a picture of the particular coin you guys reported? :)

what a coincidence i got this reply from the seller

"Hi, I was offered a buy it now price (£400) off eBay so avoiding the fees but I might have to re list it because he's messing me around a bit, regards Paul"

heh guess the price is a buy it now of £400 through bank transfer

i'm going to embarrass myself here and say i missed the WRL clearly pointed out on it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

TBH, the WRL mark is easier to see on their Roman & Saxon copies, but this one was waving itself under your nose. No excuse for very bad dealing practise.

Incidentally, we also have this archive of bad/suspect sellers on CCF. Only Admin can post to it, but it's one hell of a reference. Particularly if you know how to use the "find" function.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=163

Edited by bagerap

That is a really sharp piece of work, Bagerap, well done, and thanks for the link. Perhaps EBay should know of his subsequent comments- they might be interested as he implies he is trying to avoid their fees! The idiot!

Jerry

I make my living by selling honestly described low end items and beautifully described very high end items. I have no time for chancers, forgers and fakers. Apart from anything else, they can impact my business, particularly if they steal my copy for their dodgy trash.

• Like 2

Thanks for the link bagerap! It'll stop me stumbling into bad dealers.

On another note, I saw this the other day, extremely over priced, probably a joke, but at least it's the genuine coin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Abolition-Of-The-Slave-Trade-1807-2007-Minting-Error-2-Sold-by-a-Black-Man-/192125196061?hash=item2cbb8dd71d:g:v1wAAOSw4A5YwUWr

Good work. I actually saw that coin and recognised instantly what it was meant to be but missed the WRL stamp. 

Glad to see that taken down. Well done ?

9 hours ago, bhx7 said:

I hadn't seen this post but had seen the Ebay auction for this. I sent the seller a message saying I could see a stamp and thought it was a WRL stamp next to the head on obverse. I got a message back saying I was a jobsworth and that it was just a dent. 

Hope you replied Brian and told him you would dent his head............Prick :D

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1723-SHILLING-GEORGE-I-BRITISH-SILVER-COIN-/322515523260?hash=item4b176c56bc:g:cygAAOSwmgJY740Y

A rather worn 1723 SSC Shilling, with French Arms at the date. Nothing special, if a little over priced in that grade for £50. The interesting bit is the description in the small print which reads 'My coin is very close to the condition in the picture' presumably meaning that it isn't the one shown. If so, that makes quite a difference to the price.

Seller only has three visible feedbacks, all of which say  Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended. Nothing unusual there , except that they are from supposedly three different sellers.

18 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1723-SHILLING-GEORGE-I-BRITISH-SILVER-COIN-/322515523260?hash=item4b176c56bc:g:cygAAOSwmgJY740Y

A rather worn 1723 SSC Shilling, with French Arms at the date. Nothing special, if a little over priced in that grade for £50. The interesting bit is the description in the small print which reads 'My coin is very close to the condition in the picture' presumably meaning that it isn't the one shown. If so, that makes quite a difference to the price.

It probably means it is a normal one in similar low grade - i.e. a tenner max

Oh dear. Another dodgy WRL Edward I groat. Dented apparently right on the WRL stamp. How convenient !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182615282542

Edited by Ukstu

Emailed him telling him its a WRL coin. The response was C.N.G.A.F.

Please can somebody pass this seller's details on to CCF.

Thanks. 

Listing ended...

I reported it to ebay and emailed him back after the CNGAF response. His response was I will find you lets see if you talk to me like that face to face. 

He's lucky i didn't report him to the police as well the scumbag.

Edited by Ukstu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

I reported it to ebay and emailed him back after the CNGAF response. His response was I will find you lets see if you talk to me like that face to face. 

You should forward his responses to ebay. I would.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

You should forward his responses to ebay. I would.

Thanks. I think i will. Out of order that and technically a threat. 

54 minutes ago, Ukstu said:

What a mug.

Tell him to get his head down and stretch his condom :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukstu said:

He is, and many would have done. That's a direct threat.

Probably all hot air, but still unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Probably time to go through all his other listings too...:lol:

Edit...there aren't any. :(

Edited by mrbadexample

6 hours ago, Ukstu said:

Oh dear. Another dodgy WRL Edward I groat. Dented apparently right on the WRL stamp. How convenient !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182615282542

This is the same 'coin' and seller as discussed last week, he is clearly a scum-bag and a fraudster with no scruples . Well done for standing up to him.

Jerry

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jelida said:

This is the same 'coin' and seller as discussed last week, he is clearly a scum-bag and a fraudster with no scruples . Well done for standing up to him.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I didn't realise it was the same guy. He's obviously since damaged the coin to cover up the WRL stamp so he could again attempt to try and sell it on. 

What a low life eh!  

Supposedly a coin dealer judging by his ebay user name , crook more like it. He needs blacklisting.