British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Still ok for the forgery/copy reference section at 99p though

1 hour ago, Michael-Roo said:

Ok, so it isn't a 1/2d, but as 'a gem for your collection' a snip at the opening price. :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1673-Charles-II-Copper-Half-Penny-Extremely-Rare-/152557870542?hash=item2385285dce:g:n~4AAOSwR29ZI1CZ

Good one.

'Here we have the extremely rare " 1673 Charles II Copper Half Penny " Metal detecting find in Suffolk. This a one highly collectible coin and very difficult to find in identifiable condition. A gem for your collection.'

No it's not; no it's not; cannot contest the assertion it was dug; no it's not; no it's not (if in identifiable coindition you have found it); no it's not.

Even if it doesn't sparkle on the numismatic front, it's a gem for this thread. ;)

It's a thrower.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

so identifiable that it is a farthing.. worth less then a fiver.

Don't see many Halfpennies, so even that state... not worth the asking price :P

and people and their throwers... throw em my way.

Apparently the listing ended early because the item was lost or broken. We should be fairly confident that it wasn't lost through being stolen.

8 hours ago, scott said:

so identifiable that it is a farthing.. worth less then a fiver.

Don't see many Halfpennies, so even that state... not worth the asking price :P

and people and their throwers... throw em my way.

I collect more toe nail clippings than utter crap coins;)

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

I notice my favourite seller now has a 1861 proof penny listed..........................:lol:

Have you got the link, Pete ?

2 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Have you got the link, Pete ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-1861-Penny-Bronze-Finished-Proof-/332237282452?hash=item4d5ae29c94:g:GvkAAOSwYvFZGdbc

Careful Pete, I'm not sure it's a proof. :P

Thanks Jon - it doesn't look like a proof with those teeth ! How come this seller has such a high feedback figure ?

Not to mention, there are no known proofs with this die pairing !

11 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Thanks Jon - it doesn't look like a proof with those teeth ! How come this seller has such a high feedback figure ?

Just volume of sales by the looks.

Reported via CCF.

Ebay are now aware and listing has been removed.

Either you can report these listings yourself via CCF, or message me with a link and the reason it's not kosher and I'll take it from there

Edited by bagerap
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bagerap said:

Either you can report these listings yourself via CCF, or message me with a link and the reason it's not kosher and I'll take it from there

Is there a particular place to post on CCF bagerap? I'm fed up reporting stuff to ebay for them to ignore it. 

55 minutes ago, bagerap said:

I hadn't seen this post but had seen the Ebay auction for this. I sent the seller a message saying I could see a stamp and thought it was a WRL stamp next to the head on obverse. I got a message back saying I was a jobsworth and that it was just a dent. 

Edited by bhx7

2 minutes ago, bhx7 said:

I hadn't seen this post but had seen tge Ebay auction for this. I sent the seller a message saying I could see a stamp and thought it was a WRL stamp next to the head on obverse. I got a message back saying I was a jobsworth and that it was just a dent. 

Just a very specific dent. :lol:

• Like 1