British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

For the region of the note he gave "uk. usa". Could this be possible? Does he know of a secret treaty between May and Trump?

He also gave 00 as the denomination of the note.

I now just feel sorry for him.

Edited by Sword

But he is open to sensible offers, so a £1 each on the Saxon copies and a fiver for a fiver would comply.

Apparently, there are many more people on Ebay thinking that AM32 £5 notes are worth a lot of money.

Are they just plain stupid, greedy, trying to be funny or actually in need of medical help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AM32-Rare-sought-after-serial-number-5-pound-note-/162410574605?hash=item25d06cb30d:g:Oo8AAOSwSlBYsxPD

This guy's note starts with AM21!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/five-pounf-note-am32-/182469094513?hash=item2a7c016c71:g:umQAAOSw-RFYs0RT

And this one is beyond help. 

3 hours ago, Sword said:

Apparently, there are many more people on Ebay thinking that AM32 £5 notes are worth a lot of money.

Are they just plain stupid, greedy, trying to be funny or actually in need of medical help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AM32-Rare-sought-after-serial-number-5-pound-note-/162410574605?hash=item25d06cb30d:g:Oo8AAOSwSlBYsxPD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/five-pounf-note-am32-/182469094513?hash=item2a7c016c71:g:umQAAOSw-RFYs0RT

Well, the first one has six consecutively correct words - "polymer note with the serial number" and (the last) two out of six in the following. "AM32 910640. Number 32 represents money".

The second one has to be genuine as it's Jesus doing the listing and he's converted a fiver into £75000.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

Rather worryingly, he has sold 68 already. :huh:

Lying surely?

1 hour ago, Sword said:

Lying surely?

That's what the ebay listing says, as per eBay's multiple similar lots option. In red, centre top. below 'more than 10 available'.

I have seen it but just can't believe it's true. Ebay also claims he has sold 119 circulated Aquatics Swimming 2011 50p with buy it now price of £4.95. He claims he has an "unlimited supply". Can't really believe that he has sold that many legitimately. 

Just now, Sword said:

I have seen it but just can't believe it's true. Ebay also claims he has sold 119 circulated Aquatics Swimming 2011 50p with buy it now price of £4.95. He claims he has an "unlimited supply". Can't really believe that he has sold that many legitimately. 

I can. 119 circulated 50ps at nearly a fiver and 68 fivers at £15 a pop only adds up to 187 idiots. I see that number every day. He is selling to the whole world.

• Like 3

On 11/03/2017 at 9:16 PM, Rob said:

I can. 119 circulated 50ps at nearly a fiver and 68 fivers at £15 a pop only adds up to 187 idiots. I see that number every day. He is selling to the whole world.

True, there are many idiots about. But he is very lucky that the idiots are for some reason attracted to his silly offers and not to the more sensible ones. 

I think you may be a little surprised at the amount of interest in anything decimal as well as anything the media hypes up at the moment. At the Midland yesterday, I sold every £1 coin I had, and not just to one or two people. Why? I know people collect them more than say 20p pieces or smaller, but to sell every one is unprecedented. Who knows, maybe someone is trying to corner the market by stocking up in advance of the old ones being demonetised? That would be in keeping with the herd mentality seen prior to decimalisation.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:09 PM, Sword said:

Almost beggars belief that people are so brain bendingly idiotic as to fall for this crap. The valuable AM32's were confined to just four consecutively numbered notes, two of which have already been found.

It's not even like a lottery ticket, as we already know what the exact serial numbers are.        

15 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Almost beggars belief that people are so brain bendingly idiotic as to fall for this crap. The valuable AM32's were confined to just four consecutively numbered notes, two of which have already been found.

It's not even like a lottery ticket, as we already know what the exact serial numbers are.        

The third note has been found by an elderly lady and she donated it to charity.  She said "I don't want my picture in the papers but if it sells for a lot of money it would be better if young children could benefit from it." Bless her!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sword said:

The third note has been found by an elderly lady and she donated it to charity.  She said "I don't want my picture in the papers but if it sells for a lot of money it would be better if young children could benefit from it." Bless her!

Great to read about something so decent.  

• Like 1

On 04/03/2017 at 6:47 PM, Sword said:

This guy is hilarious! See his only other item on sale for £1680

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/am32-885885-five-pound-note-/112323083796?hash=item1a26fa3e14:g:WTIAAOSwA3dYm6Q6

It's not a Jane Austen £5 but it is "very close to it". Serial number AM32 885885. (The Austen notes have numbers 885551 - 885554.)

I have some old lotto tickets. They are not jackpot winners but are very close and only a few numbers out. Anyone want to give me £10k each? Bargain at less than 1% of the jackpot! 

This guy has now got a single feedback for "selling" a 

Untitled - Copy - Copy.jpg

for £350. Description "we have a George v. penny 1933. in gd nick for its age ok. im open to sensible offers ok. thanks for looking."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/george-v-penny-1933-/112367093733?nma=true&si=EJc8Vr6AdQ0ojMyWPof4yNoqs10%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Or is the last digit a glued on 3? There appears to be a lot of glue residue.  

Point to ponder:  "1971 2P coin (new pence) Rare" currently on sale on eBay for £120, having been reduced from £135.  Low grade with no explanation what makes it rare (except just the price perhaps?).  Am I missing anything?

On 22/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, Sword said:

This guy has now got a single feedback for "selling" a 

Untitled - Copy - Copy.jpg

for £350. Description "we have a George v. penny 1933. in gd nick for its age ok. im open to sensible offers ok. thanks for looking."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/george-v-penny-1933-/112367093733?nma=true&si=EJc8Vr6AdQ0ojMyWPof4yNoqs10%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Or is the last digit a glued on 3? There appears to be a lot of glue residue.  

He received positive feedback, unless he give himself the feedback of course.. 

2 hours ago, JamieB said:

He received positive feedback, unless he give himself the feedback of course.. 

I would be surprised if that was a genuine positive feedback. 

On 4/25/2017 at 0:39 PM, Cliff said:

Point to ponder:  "1971 2P coin (new pence) Rare" currently on sale on eBay for £120, having been reduced from £135.  Low grade with no explanation what makes it rare (except just the price perhaps?).  Am I missing anything?

Silly me, on scrolling through the eBay offers I see another one for sale for only £9,449.99 and one for £25,000.00.  I've already got a few examples of this date - must mean I'm rich?!?!

• Like 1

Interesting, I bought an Isle of Man 1974 sov last week and just noticed that eBay reports it "sold at 280 pounds". Truth is that I submitted an offer of 248 that was taken. So what actually are REAL sale prices?

1 hour ago, VickySilver said:

Interesting, I bought an Isle of Man 1974 sov last week and just noticed that eBay reports it "sold at 280 pounds". Truth is that I submitted an offer of 248 that was taken. So what actually are REAL sale prices?

It only shows the BIN price and not the lower offer one.

Plenty of fakes being sold (looks like it might be unknowingly) here.

Over the past few years someone called Michael Millard-Hibbs has been setting up multiple eBay accounts and websites and flogging Saxon fakes. Whether this is someone who feel for it, I cannot tell...

10 minutes ago, HistoricCoinage said:

Plenty of fakes being sold (looks like it might be unknowingly) here.

Over the past few years someone called Michael Millard-Hibbs has been setting up multiple eBay accounts and websites and flogging Saxon fakes. Whether this is someone who feel for it, I cannot tell...

And more... Looks like same seller, different account.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANGLO-SAXON-Kings-of-Wessex-AELFRED-the-GREAT-RARE-EXA-Penny-/391764960901?hash=item5b3702e685:g:F5gAAOSwkShY~u31

Poor quality as well those. I've noticed an awful lot of dodgy looking anglo saxon coins coming from spain. Andorra region. I personally would not purchase any Anglo saxon Silver pennys off ebay now.