British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

50 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Its Queen Elizabeth Shrek II .   Terry

Looks like he is covering all bases. Description includes George VI and 1962 and a picture of 'Victoria'. What else could one want?

On second thoughts, I wonder if it's the Indian with the golden horse cart?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidrj said:

another dangerous modern fake, :) 1933 penny 

I bet Victoria would have loved that profile ;)

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Looks like he is covering all bases. Description includes George VI and 1962 and a picture of 'Victoria'. What else could one want?

On second thoughts, I wonder if it's the Indian with the golden horse cart?

Rob please keep us up to date with your emails.:)

6 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

That arm though :lol:

I was so busy laughing at the obverse I missed that. How many elbows? :blink:

That's the bit I don't understand. Who'd want to shill such a cheap piece?

it started at 1p so that would account for a fair few bids.

This is very typical of Saxby, who sells as many "Richard III" as Edward I. He is not a good advert for Ebay.

1 minute ago, jelida said:

This is very typical of Saxby, who sells as many "Richard III" as Edward I. He is not a good advert for Ebay.

Yet he keeps getting away with it.......

17 hours ago, azda said:

Yet he keeps getting away with it.......

Two more listed this week. I have followed over 127 listings in the past two years average £70:00 each, who on earth is buying them.? Also interesting is that he never seems to receive any  feedback for any of these coins. And as azda says E.Bay do nothing.

If he's not getting feedback, then it's a pound to a 1933 penny that he's shilling most of his auctions.

31 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

It does check out though http://www.pcgs.com/cert/81260679

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm amazed that this would be graded at all. As for the label, well I guess that's just the colour wash of the photograph. If genuine, it doesn't reassure me about TPGs though.

Do they give PR numbers of less than 60? I thought they reverted to F, VF, XF, AU irrespective of whether it was a proof or not? Could be wrong though

13 hours ago, Rob said:

Do they give PR numbers of less than 60? I thought they reverted to F, VF, XF, AU irrespective of whether it was a proof or not? Could be wrong though

I didn't realise that they do until now. 

This guy is proud of his low grading at PR45.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1906-25C-PF45-lowest-graded-example-POP1-CIRCULATED-will-not-EVER-find-another-/132069897483?hash=item1ebffab50b%3Ag%3AiI4AAOSwmLlX2Fwz

13 hours ago, Rob said:

Regardless of how low the grade is, if it's a proof then it will always be proof in their eyes

37 minutes ago, azda said:

Regardless of how low the grade is, if it's a proof then it will always be proof in their eyes

I thought it was the other way round. i.e. it was always going to be a proof in our eyes, but not theirs. It must be the inconsistency that is throwing us. We've had this discussion before - somewhere.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I thought it was the other way round. i.e. it was always going to be a proof in our eyes, but not theirs. It must be the inconsistency that is throwing us. We've had this discussion before - somewhere.

:rolleyes: The circles we walk and the brick wall we beat our heads against

Edited by azda

Once a proof, always a proof. The proof-only 1895 Philadelphia dollar is known only in proof but there are plenty of circulated specimens around. I just couldn't bid on that one...

Are you sure Clive?  I don't see an arrow in Harold's eye.  Something FAKE about that I feel.  Bad.  Very bad.

• Like 1