British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Another Sunday and another suspicious eBay result. A 1902 Matt proof sovereign graded pcgs pr62 has just sold for £1025,  yet another reputable seller has a higher graded specimen (pr63) for sale at only £850 ????

On 10/15/2016 at 4:41 PM, HistoricCoinage said:

Funnily enough he also has another Richard III penny, Durham mint apparently, although there is no D in the REV centre, a big give away

This 1905 half crown and this 1905 half crown and this 1905 half crown all look remarkably similar. :huh: This seller has some of the most deliberately deceptive photography I think I've seen. :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

This 1905 half crown and this 1905 half crown and this 1905 half crown all look remarkably similar. :huh: This seller has some of the most deliberately deceptive photography I think I've seen. :D

Really hate that sellers pictures of screenshots of pictures on his computer, annoys me everytime I see them.

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

Really hate that sellers pictures of screenshots of pictures on his computer, annoys me everytime I see them.

If I had the cash I'd buy all three auctions and watch him squirm trying to explain why I wouldn't be getting 3 1905s. :D

• Like 1

If he gets £2.50 for that, I've got a couple of hundred, in better condition, I shall be dumping on ebay:)

1 minute ago, Sleepy said:

If he gets £2.50 for that, I've got a couple of hundred, in better condition, I shall be dumping on ebay:)

Yours probably aren't hexagonal. Attracts a premium, that. :P

No mine are Octagonal :D

And it will cost the purchaser £4.15 for delivery by courier, unless he/she lives in Scotland (or presumably anywhere else even slightly remote).

On 10/20/2016 at 8:04 AM, Nordle11 said:

From the same seller, this

Being what appears to be a reasonably high grade 11 leaf cartwheel penny, which is on my shopping list, I asked for better pictures. I was told, in a nutshell, "no, trust me, it's great." Within a few hours the price had gone up from £695 to £875. :lol:

I wouldn't have touched it with the proverbial stick at the lower price. :wacko:

1 hour ago, azda said:

The first on the list is a seller with a feedback of 13 compared to the different seller with 13000 on the last two, and has different contact details. Could be that's his private address because one is in Boulogne, and the other in Lille, or maybe the business is re-locating, or maybe a disgruntled employee. Second is priced in £, the third in $. The coin itself looks ok though at first glance, albeit with a couple ugly marks on the neck.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

The first on the list is a seller with a feedback of 13 compared to the different seller with 13000 on the last two, and has different contact details. Could be that's his private address because one is in Boulogne, and the other in Lille, or maybe the business is re-locating, or maybe a disgruntled employee. Second is priced in £, the third in $. The coin itself looks ok though at first glance, albeit with a couple ugly marks on the neck.

Wrote a quick email, the seller is actually CDMA from France and says he's listed over 3 different ebay sites, .com .FR and .co.uk, but surely if he just lists on .com it will then go through all of those sites

50 minutes ago, azda said:

Wrote a quick email, the seller is actually CDMA from France and says he's listed over 3 different ebay sites, .com .FR and .co.uk, but surely if he just lists on .com it will then go through all of those sites

Does it automatically do so or is there an additional charge for inclusion on foreign ebay sites? I thought there used to be an added cost for worldwide exposure. Plus, ebay doesn't default to worldwide searches, so you only see national listings.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Does it automatically do so or is there an additional charge for inclusion on foreign ebay sites? I thought there used to be an added cost for worldwide exposure. Plus, ebay doesn't default to worldwide searches, so you only see national listings.

I think there is no fee for a shop seller, you can list up to 500? coins a month, but if he put it on .com it then spreads over the other ebay domains if you search for the particular coin, i was looking up 1821 half crown and it came up with all 3 this was from .co.uk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azda said:

I think there is no fee for a shop seller, you can list up to 500? coins a month, but if he put it on .com it then spreads over the other ebay domains if you search for the particular coin, i was looking up 1821 half crown and it came up with all 3 this was from .co.uk

ebay charges us a extra .40 or .50 cents to list additionally in the UK/Australia. When you search here, you don't see any uk items, unless they(uk) have paid for the international exposure. Going to ebay.uk shows all of the locally listed uk items though.

This is how ebeyers want to be treated, read the description :lol: The 2nd link is from the same seller, the 3 coin set is sold from the mint at £750 so he has to make £825 just for the fees alone then the PP fees, let's see where it goes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Gold-Sovereign-in-22-Carat-Gold-/322309614034?hash=item4b0b2669d2:g:EIwAAOSwn7JYE7i0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-3-Coin-Gold-Sovereign-Set-in-22-Carat-Gold/322311411956?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D8410b073127640a48d96b354074b1232%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D322309614034

Edited by azda

1 hour ago, azda said:

He says:

" You will receive 3 Gold Sovereigns. 
1 Full Gold Sovereign in 22 Carat Gold. 
1 Half Sovereign In 22 Carat Gold. 
1 Quarter Sovereign In 22 Carat Gold."

So I suspect your not getting the pretty box, for your money.

1 hour ago, Nutsaboutcoins said:

He says:

" You will receive 3 Gold Sovereigns. 
1 Half Sovereign In 22 Carat Gold. 
1 Quarter Sovereign In 22 Carat Gold."

So I suspect your not getting the pretty box, for your money.

You may have missed what i was referring to.......

PRE-ORDER FOR THE END OF NOVEMBER. 
Please Note that this Item will not arrive to you until the 4th Week Of November. 
Those of you who do not understand this and Message me asking "Where is my item",,like so many have done before,,, you can consider yourself an idiot. 
You will receive :--,, 

:lol: fair play though, he does explain it haha

43 minutes ago, Michael-Roo said:

I'm sure someone from here won this once only for the seller to back out and give his excuses, basically the price was too low for him, around the £900 mark if i remember correctly, it is a no H though

28 minutes ago, azda said:

I'm sure someone from here won this once only for the seller to back out and give his excuses, basically the price was too low for him, around the £900 mark if i remember correctly, it is a no H though

You are quite correct. Twas I whom he refused to sell it to. Since I was the only bidder up to £900 or so, I'd be surprised if he gets anywhere near £2k. For that money I can get any number of very decent coins.