British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

On 1/14/2016 at 3:54 PM, Nordle11 said:

A 'No H 1882' - 100% GENUINE, even though the bottom half of the date and the rest of the coin have been completely wiped away.

He now has a mule although he does question himself :D

• Like 1

You can't stop the flow of copies, so just be grateful that it sticks out like a sore thumb as wrong. When they copy a genuine 1st issue 1823 hafcrown, that will be time to worry.

I think in a ridiculously overembellished way they are trying to sell the coin shown in the body of the ad, which looks OK, rather than the ghastly replica illustrated. Why all the c**p about the secure storage? And every genuine coin is apparently 'microscopically laser marked' for heavens sake, anybody ever hear of that?

Jerry

On 22/01/2016 at 4:19 PM, Paulus said:

It's a genuine imitation! Guaranteed!

Agreed

Agreed.

Can anyone give credence to the part about the 'sulfite paper' causing the cabinet toning effect? Sounds quite interesting, but I don't know much about natural toning or whether what he's saying is has any validity.

Thanks Nons, that answered my questions :) 

• Like 1

They look absolutely terrible and cant understand why someone would artificially tone a coin to look like that.

Everyone to there own but all those ............:rolleyes:

:D hardly a week goes by! Great feedback too!

What amazes me most about this regularly appearing 3d is the consistency with which it gets called a sixpence. Perhaps it says sixpence on the original Alibaba packaging? :)

• Like 1

I'd need to know if they were contemporary or a later addition. Makes this nice grade coin look not so bad after all. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1918KN-GEORGE-V-BRITISH-PENNY-COIN-NICE-GRADE-SCARCE-/161953571211?hash=item25b52f618b:g:8UIAAOxyZzlTdUmX

Sorry did not notice the post above that ones nice if five is our lucky number :o

22 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Sorry did not notice the post above that ones nice if five is our lucky number :o

Or you need a new button for your donkey jacket. ;)

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Bizarre and a tad cheeky. It doesn't cost £29.96  to drill 5 holes.

Hey Rob, expensive button lol 

Jamie 

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Bizarre and a tad cheeky. It doesn't cost £29.96  to drill 5 holes.

I don't even understand why it's being sold. I'd take one look at that auction and automatically disregard every other item the seller has. Even if it is some kind of Polish pharmaceutical product. :unsure:

This Noodle seems to think every coin he has is rare.

This one is a bit different a............ hammered 1927 penny.

Sorry i cant put the link up .........But is he just having a laugh :P

• Like 1

Cheers badgerap.

Was not this one in particular although that is daft hammered (yes in his shed).... more looking through coins that are described as rare and just ........Rang tang. 

Yes a .....Noodle :)