British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

But he does say 1882 penny with H...........

Sorry, looks like a bad case of reading what you want to see.

That's because the description has now been edited. Before the revision it was claiming to be a rare no H variety.

Thanks Nick,

I may be retired but I'm not senile (yet). When first posted, it was '1882 no H' , 'the coin every collector wants' etc, all in big capitals.

Perhaps the vendor reads this forum.......

Jerry

Thanks Nick,

I may be retired but I'm not senile (yet). When first posted, it was '1882 no H' , 'the coin every collector wants' etc, all in big capitals.

Perhaps the vendor reads this forum.......

Jerry

OK, you're forgiven, some of us were a bit late to the party. These amended things crop up from time to time - a bit like the Ethelred 12th coin that looked distinctly like a Charles I shilling 2 or 3 years ago.

What do you mean? Looks just as if it was made yesterday. ;)

It's not just ebay that has its share of fraudsters. Here's a 1917 sovereign that's so rough I can't imagine that anybody willing to spend 3,999.99 Euros is going to be fooled by it. But you never know....

http://www.muenzauktion.info/auction/item.php5?id=2591372&lines=75〈=en

That is awful! And look at the effort they've gone to to give each other good feedback!

Jerry

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/king-George-coin-festive-of-britian-1951-/111598571101?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Anyone want a very cheap crown? He says its proof, would we agree? Strange that it would be sold in the green box of normal issue. Plus, I don't think they made any in actual silver? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I wonder why he won't accept paypal? Just a bank transfer? Surely if the item is of high value it would be better to use paypal as there is protection in case the receiver claims to have not received it? Not like it's going to sell anyway!!!

Any eBay listing that even mentions a type of relative (especially grandad) should be given a wide berth.

Mentioning genuine twice in the title is always a little suspicious?

Leaving aside the obvious problems with the item, this listing finished in December. Why is it appearing now?

and speaking of paypal, they have a limit of £1,800 a year transfer on free accounts

Now this makes for a refreshing grading approach to a commonly listed pewter coin...321669490983

"GRADING IS A OPEN PIT

BUT MY OWN GRADING OF THIS COIN IS 6/10"

6 out of ten it is, then! 60p

Edit: connect them up with a coin grading company and they'll take the pewter world by storm!

Edited by Coinery

Finger is hovering over the bid button for this beauty

Number281596351337

Finger is hovering over the bid button for this beauty

Number 281596351337

Link added. Never heard of a coin that has been "hot dead in the middle" before.

Now this makes for a refreshing grading approach to a commonly listed pewter coin...321669490983

"GRADING IS A OPEN PIT

Edit: connect them up with a coin grading company and they'll take the pewter world by storm!

Link added.

I Wonderif the sweet old lady was Nigerian. Read the description

Number221691675863

Number221691675863

Link added. What a load of old flannel that story is.

Number221691675863

Link added. What a load of old flannel that story is.

What a crock of ole blarney! I reckon there's at least 2 a week of these going through!

Refreshing change that he's actually 'correctly' called it a Threepence, and not a Sixpence, as is the norm!

Shame it weighs nearly the same as a sixpence however. :rolleyes:

I've contacted the seller and have told him its a modern repro cast in pewter.

Let's see if the description changes.

I did the same this morning Michael so don't hold your breath

"GRADING IS A OPEN PIT

Link added.

Strangely enough, this seller has just bid on one of my bits of old rough fine examples of British exonumia. I wonder what it will be listed as.