British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Yes thats why i posted peck .They have it on the c g s site at £350 and it is a nice grade,was going to throw a late bid in of £250.But £490 is not possible surely

Sold for near £600 in the end

Can you see whether the shiller you highlighted won it Dave?

No it was the guy with the 12583 feedback that won

Yes thats why i posted peck .They have it on the c g s site at £350 and it is a nice grade,was going to throw a late bid in of £250.But £490 is not possible surely

Abso-bloody-lutely ridiculous.

Abso-bloody-lutely ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous was his CGS 88 graded 1853 proof sixpence selling for £800

The link is ebay related, so if anyone is thinking of buying from the ebay seller centiles then maybe read here first before you Throw your money away

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/national-numismatic-certification-llc/st-cloud-florida-34770-1943/national-numismatic-certification-llc-do-not-buy-these-coins-because-they-are-a-scam-the-468650#comment_3

He gets slated on Coin community.

Luckily he does no longer send coins to the UK..

bargain !! :D:P

Retarded Springs too mind, especially if he can't even read the denomination

Not the full shilling perhaps ... Devon-half-bake ...

I was going to say well done for identifying it, but I think there might be a trace of ONE to help him.

I expect some of you have seen this and are watching, just throwing it out there!

link

Edited by Paulus

I expect some of you have seen this and are watching, just throwing it out there!

link

...plink, ting ting ting ting ting.

Oh dear, it seems to have rolled under the table. Let me just.. hmm. No, there's now a filthy great scratch on it, sorry.

link

Oh dear, it seems to have rolled under the table. Let me just.. hmm. No, there's now a filthy great scratch on it, sorry.

Heads or tails?

link

Heads or tails?

Hard to tell. The cat was sick on it and then it picked up a load of fluff. I'm not touching it with a bargepole.

link

Heads or tails?

Hard to tell. The cat was sick on it and then it picked up a load of fluff. I'm not touching it with a bargepole.

I think the 5 second rule might apply here, mind you that could help with the toning?

link

Heads or tails?

I think the 5 second rule might apply here, mind you that could help with the toning?

Are you suggesting that this is a dud Peck, because I wouldn't have a Scooby!

link

Heads or tails?

I think the 5 second rule might apply here, mind you that could help with the toning?fo

For the only example the seller recalls seeing on ebay how come there's another one on for £1000 less with a much better obverse.

And just another heads up. The seller (sharkster) who has been selling CGS grade coin over the past few weeks now has all his stuff at BINs, funny that, especially when i'd told him last week about one of his shill bidders, just saying

link

Heads or tails?

I think the 5 second rule might apply here, mind you that could help with the toning?fo

For the only example the seller recalls seeing on ebay how come there's another one on for £1000 less with a much better obverse.

Probably because its the same sellers coin 271525734880 both are from brentwood_auctions