British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Perhaps we should recognise a new class of ancient coin - the Anglo-Saxby?

More to the point, Perhaps we should recognise a new Dick Turpin.

Sorry to ask been following a cgs 1858 penny not scarce but a nice grade .Can someone please tell me why wtih a couple of days left it is at £490 . Again sorry but its blown my head in.

Sorry to ask been following a cgs 1858 penny not scarce but a nice grade .Can someone please tell me why wtih a couple of days left it is at £490 . Again sorry but its blown my head in.

Sharkster's high grade CGS coins have all been doing very very well on eBay auctions, I have been keeping a record of them, he has been selling for a few weeks now

LINK

Edited by Paulus

Always not sure on private listings paulus i have just had about thirty graded by cgs and a lot finest known an 1841 at 85 and would not expect £490 even though there value is £600. Was watching the others and good luck to him.Maybe i should be selling mine

You might be surprised, I have done pretty well with my silver, getting near CGS/Spink values in many cases, sometimes higher

Private listing - I wouldn't go near that auction with a bargepole. The three commonest Vicky copper pennies are 1854, 1855, and 1858 (despite all the latter's varieties). In that condition? £200 max I'd say. (Don't quote Spink at me - they are often overpriced...)

Yes thats why i posted peck .They have it on the c g s site at £350 and it is a nice grade,was going to throw a late bid in of £250.But £490 is not possible surely

Yes thats why i posted peck .They have it on the c g s site at £350 and it is a nice grade,was going to throw a late bid in of £250.But £490 is not possible surely

Anything's possible if someone breaks the connection between logic and action

Thanks for your reply rob was starting to think i was becoming dafter than i am.

I hope the slab monkeys don't take over....I promise I will never buy a slabbed coin over £10.

Somtimes buying slabs is the only way over the last couple of years peter to get what you may want / need . An 1869 penny sold at the last l.c.a . For £1400 plus commision in a reasonable grade . I would be happy to pay a lot more for an unc one weather in a slab .cardboard box or even a durex.Does not matter.

Always not sure on private listings paulus i have just had about thirty graded by cgs and a lot finest known an 1841 at 85 and would not expect £490 even though there value is £600. Was watching the others and good luck to him.Maybe i should be selling mine

The winning bidder has a 12583 feedback

Thats fantastic and hope does well ,my queary was it seems way over the top and always needs to be an underbidder.

I know because i use an aye pad. The ebay app for ipad has a small flaw where you can see the screened winning bidder only. Now, here's where it gets interesting. I checked this sellers auctions and 1 bidder is winning 17 of his 24 auctions, so for me, These are DEFINATELY being shilled.

The total of winning bids equals 2122 GBP the winning bidder has a 46 Feedback score and has a***c in his Name, he's winning the following coins

1862/73 and 75 pennies

1811-12-13 and 15 eighteen pence bank tokens

1845 1836 1927 1847 1872 and 1856 Shillings

1853 Sixpence

1746 Halfcrown

1927 Proof threepence

1927 Proof Sixpence

No wonder his CGS graded auctions have been doibg well, when they are shilled upon

The Person who's winning the 1858 Penny has also left Feedback for another coin he won, Feedback was left on the 08.05.14

Edited by azda

Sorry azda all makes sense was a bit tongue in cheek and i apologise .The coin does not finish until tomorrow and thought i had been drinking to much.Most of the ones he has sold have been over the top.Anyway thought it was nice that we agree that they dont stack up

No Need for an apology, this also helps other members, new and old that These coins are being pushed for greedy sellers, i doubt half of them would get what they are getting if they were'nt shilled up. I have however sent the seller a message telling him WHO is shilling his auctions and WHICH auctions are being shilled, i'll be interested in his reply, IF he replies

Suppose its peoples instinct to be greedy ,however dont like anyone to be ripped off.Be interested in original post from paulus as to his thoughts .I no its no big deal and we all spend money on what we like although£490 is not realistic.Hope he gets stuck with it .Be lucky

If his coins ARE being shilled (which sounds highly likely) then of course he will know and would be unlikely to admit it! I'd be interested to hear if you get any kind of reply Dave! He is called Sharkster after all!

Of course for successful shilling there still needs to be someone out there willing to bid higher than the shiller - Rob's comment sounds appropriate!

As I said, I have been watching his high grade CGS coins the last few weeks, many of them have gone for eye-watering amounts.

If his coins ARE being shilled (which sounds highly likely) then of course he will know and would be unlikely to admit it! I'd be interested to hear if you get any kind of reply Dave! He is called Sharkster after all!

Of course for successful shilling there still needs to be someone out there willing to bid higher than the shiller - Rob's comment sounds appropriate!

As I said, I have been watching his high grade CGS coins the last few weeks, many of them have gone for eye-watering amounts.

They will go for eye watering amounts if shilled to eye watering amounts. The one bidder has bidded on 17 out of 24 auctions, there's no way they are genuine bids

You can have two shill bidders and make any number of excuses why the winner/winners did not pay .I have had numerous offers to buy ,down the line and all becoming a joke.