British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

good for a laugh. Besides the outrageous price of $39.99 for a battered and beaten 1983 £1, this joker actually lifted his description (including photos) straight from Chard's web-site. I did drop Chard an e-mail to let them know, don't know if they will do anything or not.

The seller allows for "Best Offers" to be submitted. I wonder if he would accept my offer of a quarter.

Now that is not funny. Some poor kid, maybe in the US will buy it thinking he's on to a winner. I wish there was some way to stop this sort of thing! :angry:

Awesome coin :D

Wow....its even got a die flaw in as much as the KN doesn't show.

I wonder if he has the Heaton aswell?

These KN coins seem to be popular (he must of accidently pictured the wrong coin).....the bloke even has an Ebay coin store. :blink:

Item 8350764549.

"what's wrong with these people ? "

Nothing much - if they sell to some poor sucker! I can't think of any way that they could stop this sort of thing. It's no use saying 'caveat emptor' to the ignorant! :angry:

I know most of these prats can't spell, but can't they read either? Furthermore, you'd think that if someone tried to get away with selling a "1933" penny then they might give the date a higher profile in their listing!

I despair...

G

• Like 1

Apparently, "The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken."

Breaking it must be almost as difficult as finding one, so we must assume it was lost. A great loss to the numismatic community, only a few thousand left. ----------------- Thank god.

• Like 1

Trying!

OK! Peeps. What do you think of this then. Ashmore???? :unsure:

Edited by Geordie582

Ashmore ?

I'm no expert on CNUT. How really can you tell ? If Asmore quite collectable in its own right....it will be nice to watch this to see which big guns bid..if any....watch that Geordie chap slip in with a £5 bid after putting us off the scent. ;)

• Like 1

Naw! Just too perfect! <_<

Trying!

OK! Peeps. What do you think of this then. Ashmore???? :unsure:

It loos like its made from chocolate.

She wouldn't be amused.

• Like 1

Yes, it made me laugh, but I confess to thinking they were called "bum pennies" when I was a small child.

Obviously from the same numismatic kennel as the dump farthing :-)

G

That Cnut

Obviously someone knows more than me, but it does look remarkably 'pretty'. :rolleyes:

Edited by Geordie582

For a chocolate coin! But then someone obviously thinks it's worth a few bob - not my area so I have no idea if it's ok or not.

ebay is a real 'curate's egg' - you get some stinkers and some gems. I'm smiling cos I just bought two of the gems but tomorrow I might get my fingers burnt... who knows?

caveat ebayor!

• Like 1

For a chocolate coin! But then someone obviously thinks it's worth a few bob - not my area so I have no idea if it's ok or not.

ebay is a real 'curate's egg' - you get some stinkers and some gems. I'm smiling cos I just bought two of the gems but tomorrow I might get my fingers burnt... who knows?

caveat ebayor!

I noticed.

Here's another good one. ebay 1/2d

I emailed drivingjames to suggest he may like to consider revising either the title or the pictures and the reply was "Why?". I despair. This one has further to run.

Here's another good one. ebay 1/2d

I emailed drivingjames to suggest he may like to consider revising either the title or the pictures and the reply was "Why?". I despair. This one has further to run.

Title has been revised from this. Item: MARY & GEORGE 1694 HALFPENNY GVLIELMVS ERROR (8357295804) to the revised description. Any takers? - or perhaps that is a rhetorical question.