British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
william

Where is everybody?

Hi all,

I was just browsing the members list, and found that there are loads of members, but only a few regulars! I also noticed that many people joined, and left without posting a word!! So i just want to know why they don't come and post with us?? I'ts fun!!!!

Because they're fools duh :P

:P

Guest Eliza

I can't speak for EVERYbody, but this body has been up to her ears in work and snow until very recently. Just over the weekend I picked up my numismatic reading project and went nose-first into a 1950 NUMISTMATIST article on the royal Maundy.

I see the Early Milled item is languishing. I'll come back tomorrow loaded with something scandalous to say about, oh, the Great Recoinage or something. :)

I see the Early Milled item is languishing. I'll come back tomorrow loaded with something scandalous to say about, oh, the Great Recoinage or something. :)

I'm glad you're back! long time no see...

Wow I thought you'd died

Guest Eliza

Oh dear! Nonono! Very mundane stuff. But I'm ready to throw myself back into my research. Good to see you both here!

Excellent, it's good to have a voice from across the pond! You'll notice we have a new prolific poster, william here - I think he's the only major new one in terms of posts

Oh dear! Nonono! Very mundane stuff. But I'm ready to throw myself back into my research. Good to see you both here!

Eliza if you can find out the denomination ratio figures for mintages.

E.g out of 100% silver minted in 1555 10% is comprised of halfcrowns, 22% shillings... etc... (if you can find those figures) [p.s i made those figures up completely off of the top of my head]

If you can then i can do the maths again and hopefully we'll get those pesky mintage figures sussed!

Are you sure there are no official figures? If you wrote to the nice people at the Mint they may be able to help you out

Are you sure there are no official figures? If you wrote to the nice people at the Mint they may be able to help you out

I'm going to do that shortly, i've been hanging around on the Royal mint forums... with that aim in mind!

I'm going to do that shortly, i've been hanging around on the Royal mint forums... with that aim in mind!

They have forums?!

Btw, nice to meet you Eliza!

I just checked out the Royal Mint forums. Rubbish, aren't they; How are you meant to find anything? :lol:

I just checked out the Royal Mint forums. Rubbish, aren't they; How are you meant to find anything? :lol:

yep they ain't good! i don't post much on there...

Guest Eliza

Hi William! Nice to meet you as well.

Shall we have an "April Fools" thread tomorrow? Bombard Chris with questions about the Two Penny piece? :)

Oi, don't you start giving the nice chaps in here any ideas!

Hi William! Nice to meet you as well.

Shall we have an "April Fools" thread tomorrow? Bombard Chris with questions about the Two Penny piece? :)

Why not?! :lol: