British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I'm in love...

xxx-15-3-4-3.jpg

And my am i struggling to raise the funds for this beaut. but i'm working on it, i've got a down payment on it already... (+ a 10% discount)

Go on, how much is it?

Go on, how much is it?

Was five hundred and odd, but running at 10% off i've managed to get it down to £470, and as part of that £105 of it was a part trade with my cleaned die flawed 1693 sixpence...

But for a coin with that eye appeal i think it's worth it, it'll always be a seller, unlike my other ex-1693 which i couldn't get shut of.

That sounds fair, lot of money for a student to spend on a sixpence though! I bet your mates must think you're loopy.

That sounds fair, lot of money for a student to spend on a sixpence though! I bet your mates must think you're loopy.

Ah well i don't think anyone at Uni actually knows, it's not something i broadcast simply from a security point of view, i've only got to tell someone who tells someone elsewho knows the address and knows when no-ones in and, bye bye collection.

So i keep stum.

Very sensible I suppose. I can never keep anything to myself, especially when I'm excited about something!

Wise move Sylvester!

When I was a student I showed one of my friends my newly purchased William & Mary shilling that I had just obtained from a coin fair. He took it out of the envelope I had brought it home in and flipped it shouting 'heads or tails'!!! He seemed quite shocked when I didn't find it funny!!

I hope you knocked his lights out for that.

He took it out of the envelope I had brought it home in and flipped it shouting 'heads or tails'!!! He seemed quite shocked when I didn't find it funny!!

Foooooool! Nobody with brains would do that, it's like throwing a Chippendale chair onto a fire and saying you need the heat!

I'm just relieved your friend didn't drop the coin, Paul! ;)

I showed one of my friends my newly purchased William & Mary shilling

Is he still a friend??

Luckily the coin was unharmed!! I suppose it had survived well for just over 300 years prior to that little incident and quite a few people have probably flipped it!!

It was at that point though, the most expensive coin I had bought. £125.00 for a NVF/VF 1693 Shilling. Lovely tone!! That would have been around 1993!

I do get very nervous when anyone asks to handle my coins. That doesn't happen very often though as most of my friends are not interested!! Probably best.

They should keep their mitts orf! I want a pair of white gloves for mine but when I saw them on a site (this one??) you could only buy them in lots of 5 pairs or something

Really? But you only need one pair!!! :lol:

Really? But you only need one pair!!!  :lol:

Maybe they think one would wear them out from handling so many coins :huh: