British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest Aidan Work

Ian Paisley of Ulster on Youtube.

Guest Aidan Work

Here's a link;

Aidan.

Edited by Aidan Work

Here's a link;

Aidan.

Er...yes...why?

G

Here's a link;

Aidan.

Er...yes...why?

G

I was thinking the same thing.

It seems Aidan has a habit of sometimes writing things that usually contain content from one or more of the 3 P's....Pointless, Patronising and Petty. On this occassion it's not all the P's and a new one has been added: 'Paisley'. Isn't this basically just spam?

I don't much like Ian Paisley, he's too stubborn and uptight. He should smoke a spliff.

I'm not sure smoking a spliff can stop someone from being a bigot Chris.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Aidan to tell us why he thought we'd like the link.

True, true. It might be a start though.

Guest Aidan Work

Well,Ian Paisley is the only political leader in the entire British Isles who has stayed true to his principles,especially in relation to the situation over in Ulster.For that,I admire him.I also regard his as being the fiercest Royalist in the entire British Commonwealth.He should have been made a hereditary Lord years ago!

Aidan.

He's a nutter and a hinderance to the peace process in NI. He's not really a Royalist, he's just a bitter Ulsterman. He wants NI to be a place where his people can be in complete control of the province, it's really nothing much to do with Royalism. And if he's ever made a Lord, they may as well do the same for Gerry Adams, because even though he's a bit of a nutter too, I think he often manages to come over a lot more mature than Rev Paisley. (not that I support Sinn Fein, and as if Gerry Adams would accept a Lordship from the British Government!)

Were you ever in NI Aidan? I've been over there countless times and trust me, people that promote division like Rev Paisley and Gerry Adams, are just as bad as each other. It's all gone on for far too long, and I believe that there will be a better chance at a democratic peace when Rev Paisley is no longer on the scene.

So you don't consider that for almost three decades he has been a major stumbling block to peace and accord in Nothern Ireland? That contrary to the hopes and desires of the majority of the populace he has kept the discord simmering? That he has allowed his opposition to the Catholic Church to colour all his political decisions and that is is this, not his 'Royalist' beliefs that make him want to keep Nothern Ireland stuck in a religious time warp?

Staying true to your principals is only admirable if they are not flawed in the first place Aidan.

Youth always have the answers - and non of the experience! B)

Guest Aidan Work
He's a nutter and a hinderance to the peace process in NI. He's not really a Royalist, he's just a bitter Ulsterman. He wants NI to be a place where his people can be in complete control of the province, it's really nothing much to do with Royalism. And if he's ever made a Lord, they may as well do the same for Gerry Adams, because even though he's a bit of a nutter too, I think he often manages to come over a lot more mature than Rev Paisley. (not that I support Sinn Fein, and as if Gerry Adams would accept a Lordship from the British Government!)

Were you ever in NI Aidan? I've been over there countless times and trust me, people that promote division like Rev Paisley and Gerry Adams, are just as bad as each other. It's all gone on for far too long, and I believe that there will be a better chance at a democratic peace when Rev Paisley is no longer on the scene.

Chris,I've never been to Ulster,but I do have a good friend who originally comes from County Armagh.Like me,she is a Paisleyite.Gerry Adams & Martin McGuinness are Hell-bound anyway,& should have been shot years ago,because they've killed people themselves.Ian Paisley has never killed anyone.I do agree with Ian Paisley's views on the Roman Catholic 'church',& I do agree with his views on homosexuality.

Aidan.

What century do you live in Aidan?

And when did you move to New Zealand from the Redneck area in Texas? For someone who is 29, you should really have dropped such biggoted opinions by now. They won't get you anywhere, and people will just think you're an arsehole.

Lots of people have been killed on the other side by supporters of Ian Paisley, rallying round for his cause. All of the stubborn politicians in NI should have their heads bashed together.

You're a homophobic biggoted plonker Aidan, and I think I speak for the other regular members too when I say that you are not welcome here with those views.

Ooh, ooh! Do I get into a discussion of religious 'rights and wrongs' , whether 'an eye for an eye' is ever justified and the acceptability or otherwise of homosexuality? Oh the temptation!

But on balance (and 'cos I'm off to work in an hour) I think we'll just have to agree to differ for now. That way maybe you and I can stay friends a bit longer Aidan. :D

Bann all religions - then wars will have to be fought for the real reasons! ;)

Bann all religions - then wars will have to be fought for the real reasons! ;)

Even Stalin and Hitler invoked God on their respective sides. Religious persecution in the USSR stopped dramatically during the war.

Take the religious element out of just about any conflict and it loses all moral reason.

Frankly I believe that the people promoting and enjoying the conflict in Northern Ireland are of a medieval mentality, and would possibly be quite suitable for resettlement in a land of their ilk, more like Iraq.

Ian Paisley and his partner in crime, Gerry Adams should be the vanguard of immigration to Iraq.

Guest Aidan Work
What century do you live in Aidan?

And when did you move to New Zealand from the Redneck area in Texas? For someone who is 29, you should really have dropped such biggoted opinions by now. They won't get you anywhere, and people will just think you're an arsehole.

Lots of people have been killed on the other side by supporters of Ian Paisley, rallying round for his cause. All of the stubborn politicians in NI should have their heads bashed together.

You're a homophobic biggoted plonker Aidan, and I think I speak for the other regular members too when I say that you are not welcome here with those views.

Chris,I have never been to America.

Here's an article about Ian Paisley; http://en.wikipedia/wiki/Ian_Paisley .

As for my views on homosexuality,it is derived from the Bible,especially the Book of Leviticus.Here's a quote from the Book of Leviticus,'Man shalt not lieth with mankind as with womankind,for that is an abomination.Whoever does so shalt be put to death'.

Here's some more information; http://www.stoptheparade.com & http://www.godhatesfags.com .

Aidan.

Everything in the bible is open to interpritation. The bible was written at a time when pretty much everyone was anti-gay.

And then the world evolved and grew up. With the exception of some areas of the globe of course, and with the exception of you and others of your kind, so it would seem.

I doubt very much that Jesus ever had anything agaist gay people, and I have no doubt that his original teachings have been manipulated and mis-interprited by others ever since.

I have a few gay friends. I am good friends with a gay couple in Kent, I've even stayed at their house on numerous occassions (does that qualify me to be put to death, because I did lieth in the same domicile?). They are both the nicest people you could ever meet. One of the sodomites, whom I met at evening classes for German, is a qualified mechanic, and has previously worked wonders fixing various cars that I take the liberty of leaving with him! The other works at a hotel. They give me food and shelter on my frequent visits to England and they never expect anything in return. Both of them are better people than you.

Do you have a girlfriend Aidan?

Isn't it strange that all religions profess to believing that "Thou shall not kill" yet all spend inordinate amounts of time killing people who do not agree with them! :unsure:

Isn't it strange that all religions profess to believing that "Thou shall not kill" yet all spend inordinate amounts of time killing people who do not agree with them! :unsure:

The statement comes from the Old Testament of the Bible, so it is a Judeo-Christian commandment, but obviously the Judeo-Christians have oft forgotten said commandment, even amongst themselves! But every religion is right in their own eyes, God told them so!

So thus you have Christians killing other Christians etc. Were the Lord of the New Testament to have descended from the Heavens, surely he would only find a great minority of true practitioners, and many many more condemned by only themselves.

I've got some nice William 111 coins for you Aiden.

Personally I can't stand extremists of any relegion,race or creed and the sooner the minority (extremists)

realise this the better will our society be.

Personally I can't stand extremists of any relegion,race or creed and the sooner the minority (extremists)

Unfortunately the extremists though in the minority of the lot, surely are the loudest and foulest of thought.

Unfortunately the extremists though in the minority of the lot, surely are the loudest and foulest of thought.

Guest Aidan Work

Peter,I do have a few English coins of King William III,a few Scots coins of King William II & Queen Mary II,a 1697 Scots 5/-,& an English 1693 6d. with a hole in it,plus an Irish Gun Money 6d. of King James II after he was deposed.

King Billy was a very good ruler for the time.He was certainly a lot better than his father-in-law,King James II was ever was.

Peter,nothing will change the fact that I am from a very strongly Royalist background,& that the monarchy is the only institution that has stayed true.

Aidan.

Interesting are your comments about King William III. Facts be known that he was remarkably unpopular in England, especially after the death of his rather estranged wife, Mary II in 1694. He never spoke any English, nor did he care too. He was most probably a homosexual, and is reputed to have brought his lovers with him to England. About all he had going for him was his noted Protestant beliefs. Even for a monarch of that age, he has nothing which sets him above any other monarch of that time, and many which set him below.