British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

England's Striking History printed and ready

They arrived at the warehouse last week, but I only got to see one today!

The handsome "England's Striking History" is now ready in printed form. The RRP is £7.95, but forum members can have one for £6.95 plus £1.00 postage (UK).

More info is here:

http://www.rotographic.com/hammered_silver_coins.htm

148 pages and a quarter of a kilogramme in weight. It's all you need to sound like you know about history at the next dinner party!

It's the thickest Rotographic book ever (apart from those wierd books on At Hlan, who came from outer space to visit Roger and tell us through Roger's vocal chords about the future...But that was not soley Rotographic, and, well, it was quite barmy)

post-1-1158597921_thumb.jpg

Maybe I'm thick! but I cant seem to be able to order a copy from Rotographic?? Shal Just pester Smiths again? :rolleyes:

Yes, you could do. In fact, if every regular on the forum pesters Smiths for all of the books in print, Which are:

0948964-79-0 Collectors Coins GB 2006 (33rd ed)

0948964-71-5 Roman Silver Coins - A Price guide (2nd ed)

0948964-58-8 Collectors Bank Notes 2006 (14th ed)

0948964-75-8 British and Irish Campaign Medals (1st ed)

0948964-47-2 Roman Base Metal Coins - A Price Guide (3rd ed)

0948964-85-5 England's Striking History (1st Edition)

And then, if they call to say they have it for you, simply say you found it elsewhere.

I think they know me now! I did this last year! But I'll have another go :P

First. The book is a cracker and just what we need, especially to point out to beginners. But---

I don't suppose you want to hear this!

Here are a couple of errors for any reprint!

P46 6 lines from the bottom. I don't think Richard II was brother of John! :)

P90 bottom picture is a repeat of the left Durham coin above.

P105 I'm sure the first pictured Sovereign Penny is Henry VII ( especially according to the statement of legend above it!)

Tell me off if this has all been pointed out before!!! :unsure:

Yes! You can tell I've read it already! ;)

Edited by Geordie582

Thanks Geordie.

A couple of people have reported little errors, and all were fixed before it was printed. It's good to remove a few more. You just can't get the staff these days, although I suppose I cannot really expect proofreaders to be able to spot little historical inaccuracies.

Cosidering the quantity of facts in the content, a few "escapees" are inevitable! :lol:

Chris is this the one i proof read ages ago, the introduction to hammered coins?

I'd be happy to proof read it again for you if you'd like. Sorry i haven't been around much i've been extremely busy.

I still have all the Early Modern templates and stuff too, do you want that? Alot of the groundworkl has been done, it just needs prices filling out and intros scripting, but i just haven't got time.

Yes, probably. And I'll happily have a look at the Early modern stuff that you have. i'll reply to your PM.