British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doogle

1988 Sterling Silver Proof Coin Set - Singapore

Guest Doogle

Hi all

My dad has asked me to sell the above set for him but I have no clue what sort of price it should go for. Its in a very nice red velver box and is limited edition. Could anyone help me out with a ball park figure for what I should be asking?

Thanks in advance!

Doogle,

How many coins are in it, and what denominations ar they?

There are 2 different ones you see.

Guest Guest

Hi Chris, thanks for replying, I've left it at home today! I think there are about 6 in there, would you be able to describe briefly both of them please?

Thanks! :D

To be honest, No.

There are no pictures of the sets, the book just says one of them has 6 coins, the other 5, and it gives reference numbers for the coins enclosed.

The main obvious difference is that one has 5, the other 6 I think.

Guest Doogle

Ahhh, I see, I'll check it out tonight. Thank you very much for your help!

I shall be championing the "Register, and post Pictures!" campaign :P

Guest Doogle

Thanks Emporer. ;)

Its got 6 coins, 50c, 1c, 5c, 10c, 20c and $1

Right, got it, thanks.

My world coin catalogue is from 2003, so give or take a little, the quoted value for that 1988 Proof set is US$45.00.

Also bear in mind that when that was written the £ - $ exchange rate was very different. I imagine though that if you were to ask £20-25 for it, that would be fair.

Don't expect a quick sale though, in my experience those kinds of things are slow sellers.

Guest Doogle

Thank you very much Chris, you help is much appreciated. I dont think Dad is in a hurry to sell it (which might be just as well!).

Cheers again.