British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan

Collectors-Gallery.co.uk

Guest Dan

The truth is, if you want to order accessories, keep away from Shrewsbury based Collectors Gallery. On December 15th, 2003, I placed an order with Mike Veissid, whom I presume runs the company, for 100 archival paper coin envelopes an 2 small Abafil trays. Weeks passed and the order failed to arrive. I chased up the order, and after some delay, Mike replied, saying that the trays were out of stock and that some should be in soon. He asked if he should send the envelopes anyway, but I, thinking only a week or so's wait, said for him to send everything together. Christmas came and went, still no trays or envelopes. Well into January now. Continued chasing up the order, Abafil sent Mike the wrong trays so I cancelled the order for them , telling him to send the envelopes oin their own. February: still no envelopes- he has run out of stock. Emailed Mike on the 25th, saying that if the envelopes aren't in my letterbox by the end of the month I will cancel the order. He has not bothered to reply.

In the short run ***Don't buy from Mike Veissid or Collectors Gallery*** They are incompetent and unfit to run a mail-order business.

That's interesting Dan, I actually saw Mike Veissid the other month at a coin fair, and he seemed busy selling accessories there.

Doesn't sound like you had a great experience with him, and I'm upset you didn't try me in the first place! ;-)

Guest Dan

I didn't know about you when I placed the order with him. :huh: It was his Abafil trays I was after in the first place. Now I know a good mail-order firm...