British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Just in case anyone has missed it http://www.baldwin.sh/welcometobaldwin.htm is selling a number of rarities in their forthcoming sales including coins from the Gregory collection (including a rather scarce 1693 Farthing (Peck 593) - Lot 508 Auction 47 Part 2) this unique pattern Charles I Triple Unite (Auction 48 Lot 5025) and one of the Edward VIII thruppences examined by Peck (Auction 48 Lot 5041) for anyone that doesn't yet have one!

post-129-1157919885_thumb.jpgpost-129-1157919911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Perkins

Guest Guest

Also an 1877 farthing! With so many auctions and so many coins being sold in such a limited period of time, I wonder if the current high price levels will be sustainable.

Also an 1877 farthing! With so many auctions and so many coins being sold in such a limited period of time, I wonder if the current high price levels will be sustainable.

I went to the London coins auction last weekend and it was very quiet. Most lots seemed to be going for below estimate.

I went to the London coins auction last weekend and it was very quiet. Most lots seemed to be going for below estimate.

That's because there wasn't anything worth bidding on. It wasn't worth making a 500 mile round trip on the off chance there might be something in the bulk lots

Just in case anyone has missed it http://www.baldwin.sh/welcometobaldwin.htm is selling a number of rarities in their forthcoming sales including coins from the Gregory collection (including a rather scarce 1693 Farthing (Peck 593) - Lot 508 Auction 47 Part 2) this unique pattern Charles I Triple Unite (Auction 48 Lot 5025) and one of the Edward VIII thruppences examined by Peck (Auction 48 Lot 5041) for anyone that doesn't yet have one!

post-129-1157919885_thumb.jpgpost-129-1157919911_thumb.jpg

I wonder when they selling the gold-coin of Coenwulf. Would be interesting how much the buyer ist willing to pay this time :D

Anyway I always appreciate to look through the auctions even if I don't have the money to buy one. It's amazing how good the condition of a coin at a high price-level!

Did anyone here attend the Baldwin's Sale today?

I followed it on the internet. Prices were more rational than of late. The few pieces went significantly over estimate, but there were a lot a passes and around or below estimates. I lost the plot (or perhaps I should say two others did) on the EF elephant halfpenny lot 344 which sold for £7000 hammer against an estimate of £1000-1200.

I followed it on the internet. Prices were more rational than of late. The few pieces went significantly over estimate, but there were a lot a passes and around or below estimates. I lost the plot (or perhaps I should say two others did) on the EF elephant halfpenny lot 344 which sold for £7000 hammer against an estimate of £1000-1200.

I wonder if they where Americans? was this coin the same as, or similar to thier colonial token. If I am correct it is has the same elephant on it as their colonial elephant token minted probably in London and issued in 1694. They are now know as the Carolina, and the New England, Elephant tokens.

post-665-1159206082_thumb.jpg

post-665-1159206091_thumb.jpg

I wonder if they where Americans? was this coin the same as, or similar to thier colonial token. If I am correct it is has the same elephant on it as their colonial elephant token minted probably in London and issued in 1694. They are now know as the Carolina, and the New England, Elephant tokens.

Are those pictures your coin? If so, you are in the money.

I wish! no they are from this great american coin website.

here is the link:

http://coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/elepha...hant_tokens.htm

I wish! no they are from this great american coin website.

here is the link:

http://coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/elepha...hant_tokens.htm

and

http://coinfacts.com/

Guest E. Dawson

OK, any reprise of the "all stars" and their prices? We over here are trying to get a feel for if the Coinex auctions will reflect what has been seen in America, a settling of the less than stellar rarities whilst the rarities continue to advance. Overall that has been a bit of a worrisome trend suggesting that there may not be as many players out there and the market a bit thinner than is generally recognized, but that the fewer players have deep pockets and so resulting in what may be an apparent trend.

OK, any reprise of the "all stars" and their prices? We over here are trying to get a feel for if the Coinex auctions will reflect what has been seen in America, a settling of the less than stellar rarities whilst the rarities continue to advance. Overall that has been a bit of a worrisome trend suggesting that there may not be as many players out there and the market a bit thinner than is generally recognized, but that the fewer players have deep pockets and so resulting in what may be an apparent trend.

As long as there are 2 people chasing one piece there is always scope for disappointment because I know their pockets are deeper than mine :(