British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest Jon Terry

Queen Mary Silver Groat

Correct. Halved rose & castle mark, so post P&Ms' wedding.

It is quite a decent example.

They were also produced during the reign of Edward VI at York and London, but in that case with the titles starting EDG instead of PZMDG and the York coins have a pierced mullet mark.

Hi, just stumbled across this link. I,ve recently started collecting hammered coins. I purchased this one last month which seems to be in pretty nice condition. Its dimensions are ok and it looks the part. Just to be a 100% sure i thought i would run it past you members for a 2nd opinion as i seen from Coinerys post that there are fakes about.

20170731_095755~2.jpg

20170731_095741~2.jpg

At first glance it looks OK to me Declan.  Weight should confirm it (around 2g) but nothing screams 'replica' to me.  :D

ok by me as well I love the slight double strike on ther reverse.

woth around £80- £100  pity obverse not more clear

• Like 1

Bang on the money with the price copper. Glad to see i wasn't overcharged.

Thanks.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:02 PM, copper123 said:

ok by me as well I love the slight double strike on ther reverse.

Glad about the double strike thought I needed glasses there for a split second. :wacko:

Edited by bhx7