British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

How much is 2 pence in Canadian funds?

Guest Andrew

Can someone tell me how much a 2 pence coin is worth in Canadian funds? I live in New Brunswick, Canada and we received this coin in the offering plate at our church. I am wondering how much it is actually worth in Canadian money. It is a 1975 coin with the words "New Pence" and a number 2 on one side, and a portrait of the Queen on the other side. Thank you in advance to whoever replies! :)

The exchange rate with the Canadian dollar is quite high at the moment - around 2.4 to the pound, but even that makes 2p worth only about four and a half cents. Sorry to disappoint you but happy to help.

BTW - I see you now have a new effigy of the Queen on your coins, which looks like the Rank-Broadley head we have but was designed by a Canadian artist. Must get back over there and try and complete my run of 1999 quarters!

Geoff

Guest Andrew

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Geoff. I expected it wasn't worth too much, but even 4.5 cents was lower than what I was hoping for! LOL

Anyway, you say you're collecting the set of 1999 Canadian Quarters? I'd be very happy to send you any that you're missing. Just let me know what months you need. You can email me at acerman310@hotmail.com

Thanx again! :)

Andrew